Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Ammunition & Reloading (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/)
-   -   .22 yellow jackets for self-defense. (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/22-yellow-jackets-self-defense-84275/)

fivefourfiveX39 02-15-2013 12:11 PM

.22 yellow jackets for self-defense.

I carry a SR-22 when I dress in shorts or in a quick trip to the store or food, I carry yellow jackets in my pistol just want some thoughts on those if they are a good .22 round to carry I know about CCI stingers and Aguila super maximum just want to hear other good HOT loads for carry?

mountainman13 02-15-2013 12:28 PM

Considering 6 shots point blank to the chest and face from a 38 barely stopped the guy that had the woman and child cornered in their closet, I wouldn't want to trust my life to a .22.
Nice gun though.

ZombieBrawler 02-15-2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mountainman13
Considering 6 shots point blank to the chest and face from a 38 barely stopped the guy that had the woman and child cornered in their closet, I wouldn't want to trust my life to a .22.
Nice gun though.

I can agree, my father works with a man that took 12 9mm to the chest and stomach from two feet and lived. Thats why my smallest cal. Is a .45ACP. But, i guess if your going to carry a .22, i would take the opinions of others into consideration but buy all these types your thinking about OP and blow some holes in a few things and find out for yourself, its funner that way too!

HOSSFLY 02-15-2013 12:39 PM

I've had much more experience with stingers but yellow jackets shud be fine if your going to carry a 22 --

fivefourfiveX39 02-15-2013 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mountainman13
Nice gun though.

A .22 can stop a man just like a .45 or any-other gun I was not wanting opinions on the .22 I want opinions in ammo I shoot a man in the heart or brain any CNS location will stop him stone dead it has a 165ft-lb energy at muzzle that's more than a .32 acp and people carry those every day!!

AND yes I know the Ft-lb is a little less in my pistol but it still gets job done.

nitestalker 02-15-2013 12:48 PM

A .22 rim fire can drop a 1,000 lb. steer with one shot to the head. I think it would slow down a thin skinned felon.;)

fivefourfiveX39 02-15-2013 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOSSFLY
I've had much more experience with stingers but yellow jackets shud be fine if your going to carry a 22 --

Thanks finally a good response from somebody that actually answers my question(s) and does not answer with a total neglect for this forums purpose.

fivefourfiveX39 02-15-2013 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitestalker
A .22 rim fire can drop a 1,000 lb. steer with one shot to the head. I think it would slow down a thin skinned felon.;)

Again thank you for a real response to this thread

fivefourfiveX39 02-15-2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

I was thinking about cutting the bullet were it has the small serration at the base and that would probably make it a 20gr bullet IDK just a thought of course not my yellow jackets but some winchesters I have laying around. you think it would effect the accuracy in a major way?

fivefourfiveX39 02-15-2013 01:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Attachment 85604

This is what I'm talking about is the small line that is cut near the base of the bullet.