Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > 20 mm or 30 mm

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2011, 10:12 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6559 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Default 20 mm or 30 mm

Hi, I was wandering if anybody knows where I can get either a 20x110mm shell and bullet or a 30x173mm shell and bullet? I was wondering because I make handmade pen and have seen pens made out of actual shells and bullets suchs as 25-06, 30-06, .308, and 50 bmg but never one made out of a huge calibe such as 20mm or 30mm and was wanting to make one. (just think it would be a great conversation piece) I'm just wanting to experiment with this for now so I only want to buy one or two individual shells if possible.

Any advice?

Last edited by texaswoodworker; 07-07-2011 at 10:24 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-07-2011, 11:40 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8429 Times on 3655 Posts
Likes Given: 1300

You are going to write with something the size of a COKE BOTTLE?

Check thru gun shows in your area- there are usually some inert 20mm, 25mm, 37mm. The 30mm for the GAU8 is really big, and rather scarce in the civilian world.

The paperclip holder on my desk is 4 linked 40mm grenade launcher cases...

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

Old 07-08-2011, 01:04 AM   #3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 374 Times on 248 Posts
Likes Given: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
Hi, I was wandering if anybody knows where I can get either a 20x110mm shell and bullet or a 30x173mm shell and bullet? I was wondering because I make handmade pen and have seen pens made out of actual shells and bullets suchs as 25-06, 30-06, .308, and 50 bmg but never one made out of a huge calibe such as 20mm or 30mm and was wanting to make one. (just think it would be a great conversation piece) I'm just wanting to experiment with this for now so I only want to buy one or two individual shells if possible.

Any advice?
I'm pretty sure my gun dealer up the street has a 4-set of linked 20 or 25mm shells, so consider looking at your LGS and ebay/CL. I hope I didn't misinterpret what you were looking for

"You know what happens to men who go looking for blood? They find it." - Kind Old Man

Old 07-08-2011, 01:24 AM   #4
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6559 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
You are going to write with something the size of a COKE BOTTLE?

Check thru gun shows in your area- there are usually some inert 20mm, 25mm, 37mm. The 30mm for the GAU8 is really big, and rather scarce in the civilian world.

The paperclip holder on my desk is 4 linked 40mm grenade launcher cases...
Thanks for the advice. I think I found one place that has a few inert shells online but I will definately check out some gun shows.

as for the the bullet being the size of a coke bottle, I never said it would be practical, just a fun conversation piece.

Newest Threads