2 billion rounds bought by feds!!!!
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > 2 billion rounds bought by feds!!!!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2013, 02:40 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default 2 billion rounds bought by feds!!!!

If your like me, wondering when cheaper than dirt, sportsman guide, or any other gun/ammo site, is going to offer the ol 5.56 round, or anything else for that matter, is over!!! The days of expecting ammo to be in stock, to be available to us, has been a specture of our immagination, for the last two months. The "non-military feds", have bought 2 billion rounds of ammo in the last ten months, according to "breitbart.com"; wow!! Is there a conspiracy here? Are you feeling there is something behind this? What is it people? The feds buying 2 billions rounds of ammo for training purposes, is a little suspicious, frustrating, and skeptical. The feds have bought enough ammo to sustain a 24 year war in Iraq/Afghanistan. The reasoning behind this, has been put forth to keep law abiding, respectable folks of this country, from buying ammo. They are attempting to keep us from protecting our great country, but most importantly, our families! Your reaction, your thoughts and feelings, what are they? What can we do?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-19-2013, 02:57 AM   #2

Liked 71 Times on 59 Posts

Well, I don't like saying it, but if you are OK on ammo try not to shoot a ton and save some until this blows over(hopefully soon). Another thing we can do is to not panic buy. The ammo manufacturers are already working overtime because of it. If we allow them to catch up then eventually things will go back to normal( although I'm not sure if some people would stop buying). Hopefully we can stop .22LR from flying off the shelves, because $40-$60 for a box of 500 .22LR rounds is ridiculous. I'm not saying to completely stop buying ammo. I mean if you NEED ammo you NEED ammo just don't go out and buy 1, 000 rounds of 5.56( as if you can even do that right now haha)

Old 02-19-2013, 03:54 AM   #3

Liked 189 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 96

I have 5,000rds worth of brass/bullets/primers/powder and plenty of 22LR stashed, I am good until after the next election, I saw the writing on the wall after that school shooting. Several of my friends have been tracking down 223 at gun shows, apparently someone locally makes it by the truckload, but for a dollar a pop I'll just stick to my bigger guns they are cheaper to shoot. Never thought I would see the day 6.5x55 and 308 were cheaper then 223.

Old 02-19-2013, 03:55 AM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2738 Times on 1434 Posts
Likes Given: 231

OK, the "2 Billion rounds" is just stupid. It was no where near that much. People are incapable of reading and doing simple math. We are done here

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Closed Thread