Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > 1st question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2008, 11:01 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default well some kool stuff but

http://www.totse.com/

i dont know if this will put you on an FBI watch list

Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress....
But then I repeat myself.
-Mark Twain

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-17-2008, 12:31 AM   #2

..i dont think i need all that info..LOL

..I UPHOLD THE RIGHT TO KEEP AND BARE-ARMS..

Old 04-18-2008, 07:40 AM   #3

Default 1st question

I read on sites about fire forming, i am assuming this is done by firinf the round through your gun, and that it forms to your chamber. I am also assuming that as long as you are shooting it in the same gun you do not have to full size the cartrigde. Let me now if I got any of this correct.
Thanks in advance

Old 04-18-2008, 11:20 AM   #4

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 1

It varries with the cases you are using and how hot the reloads are. The case may get to the point where they are difficult to chamber when only neck sizeing. By using a Redding brand Competition Shellholder Set one can use a full length die with out over working a rifle case when the cases need to be full length resized

Old 04-20-2008, 02:37 AM   #5

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
I read on sites about fire forming, i am assuming this is done by firinf the round through your gun, and that it forms to your chamber. I am also assuming that as long as you are shooting it in the same gun you do not have to full size the cartrigde. Let me now if I got any of this correct.
Thanks in advance
First part you are correct.

Second part your just a little off. Take the 308 win for example. I have found out that you can only neck size about 5 times. Then you need to full length resize the brass. This will also vary by how hot you like your loads. I have some 223 loads pushing 3500 fps. These are for spectacular red misting varmints with 50gr V-Max bulelts. not a candidate for neck sizing.