Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > 12 & 20 guage slug mold

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2010, 04:07 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default 12 & 20 guage slug mold

Does anyone have or used a shotgun slug mold? Has anyone reloaded using shotgun slugs? Does anyone sell rifled slugs for reloading?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-14-2010, 08:06 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2255 Times on 1185 Posts
Likes Given: 153

I cast my own 12 ga slugs. As the attendees at the Texas Meet and Greet will attest, I get some pretty good accuracy (trust me you do not want me shooting at you inside 300 yards). A 7/8ths oz Foster slug (hollow base) at 1580fps is nothing to sneeze at.

Rifling on slugs does nothing to spin/stabilize. The "rifling" is there to allow the soft lead to swage down to whatever choke constriction the particular gun has and keep the pressures down. The stability comes from the hollow base/nose heavy design.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball