Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > 10mm Reloading Problem

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2013, 01:02 AM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 3 Posts

copied from another site

I am a reloading insturctor.

Unless you are doing this on a Univesal receiver and have the correct copper test disks + test barrel - and willing to pony the $$ to fire 90,000 rounds for proper research - you are going to get hurt.

If you are unhappy with the performace of a cartridge - move to the next higher rated cartridge. Because the cartridge case is not the only limiting factor - the firearm's chamber, receiver, the bolt, the barrel, the threads that hold the barrel to the receiver..... these all have to also safely handle the new additonal pressure.

People like you - eventually end up going to another hobby...... because you cant hold and shoot a rifle with only one hand. There are old reloaders, and there are bold reloaders - but there are no old bold reloaders.

Old 12-06-2013, 01:10 AM   #62
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 16827 Times on 9751 Posts
Likes Given: 43887

Quote:
Originally Posted by BtDoctur View Post
copied from another site

I am a reloading insturctor.

Unless you are doing this on a Univesal receiver and have the correct copper test disks + test barrel - and willing to pony the $$ to fire 90,000 rounds for proper research - you are going to get hurt.

If you are unhappy with the performace of a cartridge - move to the next higher rated cartridge. Because the cartridge case is not the only limiting factor - the firearm's chamber, receiver, the bolt, the barrel, the threads that hold the barrel to the receiver..... these all have to also safely handle the new additonal pressure.

People like you - eventually end up going to another hobby...... because you cant hold and shoot a rifle with only one hand. There are old reloaders, and there are bold reloaders - but there are no old bold reloaders.
i think he's gotten the message. you're now getting a little irratating and sounding like a broken record.

i believe he's trying to explore options and trying to gain some knowledge about reloading his 10mm and trying to see what the limits are and what he can do safely.

time to quit harping on him now. i think everyone has gotten your message.

might want to check your spelling!

Last edited by Axxe55; 12-06-2013 at 02:10 AM.
alsaqr Likes This 
Old 12-06-2013, 08:15 AM   #63
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 864 Times on 574 Posts
Likes Given: 216

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post

i think he's gotten the message. you're now getting a little irratating and sounding like a broken record.

i believe he's trying to explore options and trying to gain some knowledge about reloading his 10mm and trying to see what the limits are and what he can do safely.

time to quit harping on him now. i think everyone has gotten your message.

might want to check your spelling!
A sailing forum I frequent, had a novice purchase a sailboat on the gulf of Florida, and he tried to sail, with no experience to the islands of his boyhood, some two thousand miles away.

He was one calamity after another as he headed down towards the Keys. Every evening he checked in, to post a bigger tale than the previous day.

His grammar ans flare for drama won lots of sailors over and lots of folks were rooting for him.

I figured one of two things was going on. One, it was all a story, and he was pulling our legs, or two, he would damage a great deal of property and maybe hurt himself or others.

I posted plainly he should park that sailboat and stop the foolishness.

I was in the minority. Folks loved his adventure.

He never made it past Florida waters, and most of the damage he caused was to his boat.

It is ok to dream, but know your boat before you point her into the wind.

Last edited by AR10; 12-06-2013 at 08:18 AM.
danf_fl Likes This 
Old 12-06-2013, 01:05 PM   #64
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 16827 Times on 9751 Posts
Likes Given: 43887

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10 View Post
A sailing forum I frequent, had a novice purchase a sailboat on the gulf of Florida, and he tried to sail, with no experience to the islands of his boyhood, some two thousand miles away.

He was one calamity after another as he headed down towards the Keys. Every evening he checked in, to post a bigger tale than the previous day.

His grammar ans flare for drama won lots of sailors over and lots of folks were rooting for him.

I figured one of two things was going on. One, it was all a story, and he was pulling our legs, or two, he would damage a great deal of property and maybe hurt himself or others.

I posted plainly he should park that sailboat and stop the foolishness.

I was in the minority. Folks loved his adventure.

He never made it past Florida waters, and most of the damage he caused was to his boat.

It is ok to dream, but know your boat before you point her into the wind.
i understand and completely agree. but a few people keep trying to lecture and critcise, when all he's doing is asking questions and tryin to learn about loading a particular cartridge.

i know exactly what he's doing. he's brainstorming and wanting more info on how to get that round faster. as long as he's just trying to ask questions and work it out in his mind, then he's not like the sailor in your story.

if people don't ask questions when they don't understand some of the complicated technical aspects of something, then they never fully learn.

another point is this, that if he disregards our suggestions and warnings, after several have told him about the dangers, myself included, harping on it anymoe isn't going to deter him in his adventure. sad to say, and i have seen it many times, some people have to learn the hard way. not one of us will be there when he loads ammo. he will either heed our advice and warnings or he won't.

case closed.

Last edited by Axxe55; 12-06-2013 at 01:10 PM.
Anna_Purna Likes This 
Old 12-06-2013, 01:16 PM   #65
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 2261 Times on 1188 Posts
Likes Given: 155

I think the point has been made

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Closed Thread