your first high quality shotgun... - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion >

your first high quality shotgun...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2011, 07:59 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 194 Times on 136 Posts
Likes Given: 316

Oh...and why not...while we're at it...my momma re finished my room while I was away at school...see how I got my name???

your first high quality shotgun... - General Shotgun Discussion

Old 03-04-2012, 08:47 PM   #22

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Default polish and blue

1of my model 12'S
ryans-vacation2-024.jpg  

Old 03-04-2012, 11:17 PM   #23

Liked 52 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 60

I have a Weatherby Orion 20 ga. I bought in 1989. It was around $800 then. Don't know what that is in todays dollars, probably a few trillion. No pics, but it is as new condition. Took it hunting once and it started to rain, then it has only been used a few times to shoot rock. Sweet shooter that just jumps to the right spot on my shoulder.

Old 03-05-2012, 09:51 AM   #24

Liked 191 Times on 142 Posts

I bought a Beretta Golden Snipe with two sets of barrels back about 1961 or 62, and found I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn standing inside it with it. That was it for me and O/Us, although I was tempted by a nice little 28 gauge Beretta some years ago. From that Snipe I went to an 1100, and have never looked back. I got a BSS Sporter in the early 80s, my first really good SxS, although I grew up shooting the Stevens ones. Then I went on a binge and bought several more good SxSs. After some life view altering events, I have now sold everything but that first BSS, and some 1100s, and a Wingmaster. There is nothing quite like the pride of ownership that comes from having a really good gun that you can shoot really well. And so many people are sort of mystified that anyone can hit things with a SxS, too. I don't shoot nearly as much as I used to, and that severely hampered my ability to switch back and forth between action types without losing some ability, and since waterfowling will always be my first love, selling off the inventory didn't hurt like it once would have. I think I may have turned into a little bit of a dirty old man along the way too, because I have grown to love the disgusted looks when my old "obsolete" Remington works flawlessly and outperforms some of the latest repeater wizardry on the course.