your first high quality shotgun...
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > your first high quality shotgun...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2011, 01:40 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Default your first high quality shotgun...

for me it was my Browning B325 Sporting Clays I bought back in 1993. 12 gauge with 30" ported barrels. I still have the gun today, and it still looks good as new...

now, how about some of you! Let's see some pics...

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-30-2011, 01:52 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 332 Times on 195 Posts
Likes Given: 64

Wish I had some pics to put up here. I've never paid much more than $300 for a shotgun and all of mine are what would be considered working class.

You have some beautiful shotguns. I always like looking at the pics that you post.

Old 12-30-2011, 02:12 AM   #3

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

thanks! Shotguns are about the only objects that I ever spent any real dough on. Just a run of the mill schmuck who never spent much dough on anything but my family. I figure I can gorge myself with something nice, sometimes. I do like taking pictures too. Thanks for the kind compliments...

BTW, you can get some dandy shotguns used for $300 bucks!!

Old 12-30-2011, 02:37 AM   #4

Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugo
thanks! Shotguns are about the only objects that I ever spent any real dough on. Just a run of the mill schmuck who never spent much dough on anything but my family. I figure I can gorge myself with something nice, sometimes. I do like taking pictures too. Thanks for the kind compliments...

My only real quality shotgun is my winchester model 12 16 guage, its a dream to shoot. I have a few others but they just dont mean as much to me as that old sweet 16, it was my granddads gun

Old 12-30-2011, 02:55 AM   #5

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

now that is a SPECIAL gun!!

Old 12-30-2011, 03:18 AM   #6

Liked 34 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Grandpas must know how to pick um. My grandpa gave me his 1100 12 ga. It's an easy shot, and looks good, even with him buying it when my dad was a little boy.

Old 12-30-2011, 04:15 AM   #7

Liked 23 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugo View Post

slugo we think the same after searching all the biglots within 100 miles and buying my wife the absoluite finest cubical serstoneeims i could find (at least 50 turnups worth) i stopped by a buddys shop on the way home for a cold one (doors locked)and lo and behold what did he take in today(dec 23) a remington 1100 in .410 now i am tired of shooting sub gauge with a pump gun costing me at least 5-7 birds a round now i like my berettas and prefer an ou but dm## ill try it so we got down to price.well i had almost enough cash but still short for him to break even .can he float me?no his wife does the books every night and if he cuts slack she dont. so we got to talking about christmas dinner most of the guys were looking foward to ANOTHER turky . a few more had goose or ham on the menu but my wife being a brit always wants beef and seeing that i cook on christmas managed to close the deal with a 5 lb rib roast ! hamburgers and pudden for dinner! thinking what i can pull of for easter(i really dont like lamb)

Old 12-30-2011, 04:50 AM   #8

Liked 188 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 304

VERY sweet 325...my brother has a European model, he bought it from a friend who put an american style butt stock on it so it isn't straight.

I don't have them here at my mom's house, but my first "high quality" was a Browning ultra sport (sold), Browning 425 (dad's house, Browning 525 (dad's hose).

HOWEVER!
this is what I currently shoot at school competitions and around NY state..

Zoli Kronos 12 ga. MSRP $3,650,,VERY similar to a Perazzi mx2000 sporter

Got some Mueller U2 Chokes in her...U2 means a cross between Improved Cylinder and Light Modified. At range it has the pattern of an IC with the density of an LM...nailed 5/6 75 yard crossers at the clays field with em. here they are standing next to a 2 3/4 inch slug. They are made of EXTREMELY light aircraft allow and ceramics but are very strong.

Old 12-30-2011, 04:56 AM   #9

However...can't complain with what I started with.

Browning B2000 12ga. My dad bought this one about 3 months before I was due to be born...gave it to me on my 12th birthday after I had been asking him about shooting sports and hunting

Old 12-30-2011, 04:58 AM   #10

God my pictures are crap compared to Slugo's....lol I'm gonna have to ask my photographer friend for some help!