Yildiz Shotguns
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Yildiz Shotguns

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2012, 04:35 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Yildiz Shotguns

I just got in a new Yildiz 20ga SxS to work on. The break-open lever was stuck open and the butt stock was loose. I found that the receiver had broken where the bolt attaches the butt stock. The fracture was so bad that I am surprised the thing didn't come apart and hurt somebody. The owner said that this happened during normal shooting of factory loads.
Anybody know about the Yildiz? It’s a pretty thing but I'm not sure that I want to shoot one.

Gunner

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-13-2012, 05:44 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8690 Times on 3763 Posts
Likes Given: 1336

Light, inexpensive, made in Turkey, alloy frame. Sole importer and distributor in the US WAS Academy Sports. Would contact them about warranty.

Not a Diana or Silver Pigeon, but generally considered good guns for the money, which is a LOT less than a Beretta.

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

Old 05-14-2012, 12:41 AM   #3

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 72

wonder how many rounds were shot before it self destructed?all in all you get what you pay for if your smart

Old 05-14-2012, 09:24 PM   #4

The gun was purchased new last Nov and the shooter is a Bird Hunter both feathered and clay. I have not asked but the gun was in the box, plastic bags and all, when it came to me. Very well cared for so i can't guss at the number of rounds but I think not many in 3 months. I'll try to attach a picture of the damage.

Old 05-14-2012, 09:49 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunner43 View Post
The gun was purchased new last Nov and the shooter is a Bird Hunter both feathered and clay. I have not asked but the gun was in the box, plastic bags and all, when it came to me. Very well cared for so i can't guss at the number of rounds but I think not many in 3 months. I'll try to attach a picture of the damage.
My first attempt at the picture failed so I'll try again.

Hope this works...
I don't see the picture just a box with a red X inside. This hapens often on my old computer. I hope that you guys can see it

Last edited by gunner43; 05-14-2012 at 09:54 PM.

Old 05-15-2012, 01:09 AM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8690 Times on 3763 Posts
Likes Given: 1336

Gunner- do not try to copy and paste. When composing, look up- to the right of the white smiley face. See the paperclip? Click that, go to file where pic is stored, click the pic, OPEN, then UPLOAD, then CLOSE THIS WINDOW. Then click paperclip again, the triangle on right side- file name will drop down. Click that file name, and it will add it to your composed post.

And I would be talking to distributor about warranty on a gun that new.

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

Old 05-15-2012, 01:29 AM   #7

Liked 460 Times on 267 Posts
Likes Given: 22

I used to work at the gun bar at academy sports. Take it back to them, because unless store policy was changed since march (who knows with them and the new owners) you should be allowed to take it back. That being the only brand of firearm to take back to them

Old 05-15-2012, 01:29 AM   #8

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Gunner- do not try to copy and paste. When composing, look up- to the right of the white smiley face. See the paperclip? Click that, go to file where pic is stored, click the pic, OPEN, then UPLOAD, then CLOSE THIS WINDOW. Then click paperclip again, the triangle on right side- file name will drop down. Click that file name, and it will add it to your composed post.

And I would be talking to distributor about warranty on a gun that new.
all that no wonder when i try to compose a post i end up with a composted post(pardon me puter moran cant type or spell but dmn sure like to shoot)

Old 05-22-2012, 07:06 PM   #9

Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 57

Otherwise contact Briely Manufacturing in Houston, TX. They do all of the warenty work on those. I had one and had to take it to Briely twice because it broke. Academy would not take it back, at that time ( 2-3 years ago).

SGT U.S. Army Special Operations Command, Ft. Bragg, NC (2002-2006)
Operation Iraqi Freedom Veteran (2004)

"Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is the well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Old 05-23-2012, 02:16 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by truevil1313 View Post
Otherwise contact Briely Manufacturing in Houston, TX. They do all of the warenty work on those. I had one and had to take it to Briely twice because it broke. Academy would not take it back, at that time ( 2-3 years ago).
We talked to Academy byt they talked about 8 months for repair. Briely will take it but during the search I contacted Yildtiz directly and they said that if I sent them picteres of the broken part they would ship me a new part. I emailed them pictures of the broken frame mid last week and have yet to hear back. I don't know if there will be import/export problems but for owner parts I don't think so. As far as it being the frame I do have the required FFL.

Wish me luck.