Winnie 120


Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Winnie 120

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2013, 07:48 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
jarhead0881's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 121
Liked 24 Times on 19 Posts

Default Winnie 120

I've had an old Winchester Model 120 with a 28" barrel for a while and am wanting to put a shorter barrel on it. I can't find short barrels for it but I've heard that the Model 1300 barrels will fit the 120 but its all hearsay. Does anybody know this to be true or is there no hope?



__________________
jarhead0881 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 06-29-2013, 10:44 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
tomgodd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: VineGrove,Kentucky
Posts: 1,236
Liked 374 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarhead0881 View Post
I've had an old Winchester Model 120 with a 28" barrel for a while and am wanting to put a shorter barrel on it. I can't find short barrels for it but I've heard that the Model 1300 barrels will fit the 120 but its all hearsay. Does anybody know this to be true or is there no hope?
Yes the barrels will interchange. The defender series is the only one that will not. The defender barrel is set up for a longer mag tube.


__________________

NEVER TAKE A SLEEPING PILL AND A LAXATIVE IN THE SAME NIGHT

tomgodd is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 12:54 PM   #3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
jarhead0881's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 121
Liked 24 Times on 19 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomgodd

Yes the barrels will interchange. The defender series is the only one that will not. The defender barrel is set up for a longer mag tube.
You are the man sir!! Thank you so much!! I'll be going out to get a short 1300 barrel ASAP!! Thanks again!!
__________________
jarhead0881 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 01:31 PM   #4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
akers06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,195
Liked 107 Times on 86 Posts

Default

As said before they will interchange...the 1200 barrel will fit also but they wont take 3" shells 2 3/4" ONLY

__________________
akers06 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 11:21 PM   #5
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
jarhead0881's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 121
Liked 24 Times on 19 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akers06
As said before they will interchange...the 1200 barrel will fit also but they wont take 3" shells 2 3/4" ONLY
Really? Thanks for the heads up! Sounds like the 1300 is the way to go for 3".
__________________
jarhead0881 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 11:46 PM   #6
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
akers06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,195
Liked 107 Times on 86 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarhead0881 View Post

Really? Thanks for the heads up! Sounds like the 1300 is the way to go for 3".
Yep for sure......check.out ar-7.com for 1300 parts
__________________
akers06 is offline  
axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 04:16 AM   #7
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
jarhead0881's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 121
Liked 24 Times on 19 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akers06

Yep for sure......check.out ar-7.com for 1300 parts
Just checked out that website. They have exactly what I wanted for a great price! 18" barrel with bead front sight. I will definitely be ordering from them. Looks like they have a great 10/22 selection as well. Score! Y'all are the best! Thanks for the knowledge and info!
__________________
jarhead0881 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 05:48 PM   #8
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
akers06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,195
Liked 107 Times on 86 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarhead0881 View Post

Just checked out that website. They have exactly what I wanted for a great price! 18" barrel with bead front sight. I will definitely be ordering from them. Looks like they have a great 10/22 selection as well. Score! Y'all are the best! Thanks for the knowledge and info!
Yea I have offered some stuff from them...they are good to deal with.....and your welcome buddy


__________________
akers06 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes