Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Winchester SXP Defender Pump Shotgun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2013, 02:55 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 157 Times on 89 Posts
Likes Given: 91

Default Winchester SXP Defender Pump Shotgun

I am looking for a HD shotgun and would like any opinions from owners of the Winchester SXP. More specifically your opinions of strengths and weaknesses, over other shotguns you have used.

I do not intend to hunt with this gun, it would be strictly for HD. I am also not planning on modding the gun much, however if you have found a modd that has in your opinion improved the gun please let me know.

Many Thanks

Last edited by stag556; 07-04-2013 at 03:07 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-04-2013, 03:04 AM   #2
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19949 Times on 11338 Posts
Likes Given: 50323

Quote:
Originally Posted by stag556 View Post
I am looking for a HD shotgun and would like any opinions from owners of the Winchester SXP. More specifically your opinions of strengths and weaknesses, over other shotguns you have used.

I do not intend to hunt with this gun, it would be strictly for HD. I am also not planning on modding the gun much, however if you have found a modd that has in your opinion improved the gun be let me know.

Many Thanks
i have that shotgun. has the 18.5" barrel and 5 round magazine tube. works great. i have probably put a few hundred rounds through mine so far. it's my HD/stress relief shotgun! i actually enjoy shooting it and sometimes even carry it with me around the farm for snakes. i killed a pretty good sized cottonmouth last year that got underneath the wifes car.

so far, i haven't had any problems nor anything that i consider a weakness in it. it was priced right and i decided to take a chance on it. even my wife enjoys shooting it. all in all, it's not a bad shotgun. there are better than it and there are worse ones. i recommend it.

Old 07-04-2013, 03:12 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 157 Times on 89 Posts
Likes Given: 91

Axxe55 thanks for the response, I was searching through a years worth of threads, and saw that you had this gun. I appreciate the honest response and see that your theory of k.i.s.s. is in line with my thoughts as well.

Have a great 4th.

Old 07-04-2013, 03:24 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by stag556 View Post
Axxe55 thanks for the response, I was searching through a years worth of threads, and saw that you had this gun. I appreciate the honest response and see that your theory of k.i.s.s. is in line with my thoughts as well.

Have a great 4th.
Stag, you're welcome. i have had mine for about two years now, and so far it's ben a pretty good shotgun and fits my needs quite well. i added a buttstock shell carrier to mine and that's it. for me, it's simple and effective for my purposes. i load the tube with five rounds of #4 birdshot and have five rounds of OO buckshot in the buttstock shell carrier.

i paid $279 for mine NIB. so far it has shot every type of ammo i have put through it with no problems. it appears to be made well and comes apart similiar to a an 870 and a 500. haven't really seen any aftermarket parts or accessories for it, but i didn't really need them anyways.

a happy 4th to you as well. if you have any questions, i'll try and answer them as best i can.

Old 07-04-2013, 05:17 AM   #5

Liked 698 Times on 448 Posts
Likes Given: 226

Isn't this gun and the Savage/Stevens 320 the same gun?

Just walking on the edge of of my grave.

Old 07-04-2013, 01:40 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiwall View Post
Isn't this gun and the Savage/Stevens 320 the same gun?
i don't know, but mine is marked made in Instanbul, Silah-Turkey inported by BACO Inc. Morgan Utah licensed by Winchester for the Olin Corporation.