Winchester sxp

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Winchester sxp

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2012, 08:47 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Default Winchester sxp

I was looking at the new winchester sxp black shadow online a few days ago and I was wondering if anybody had one or currently has one and could tell me what kind of recoil it has compared to a remington 870?

Thanks.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-13-2012, 06:21 AM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

My brother has an sxp and I really like to shoot it. I have only shot an 870 once and it definitely had more of a kick. The 870 left me sore while the sxp does not. The sxp does fit me a lot better though. So that may vary with you.

Old 12-13-2012, 11:49 AM   #3

Liked 154 Times on 116 Posts

They are both pump guns, with absolutely no recoil attenuating attributes. With the same shells, and the same weight and fit, they should recoil the same, but I believe the Winchester is lighter because of the aluminum receiver. Therefore, all else being equal, the SXP should kick more. Rarely is all else equal however.

What could have happened... did.

Old 12-13-2012, 07:46 PM   #4

Liked 35 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virginian View Post
They are both pump guns, with absolutely no recoil attenuating attributes. With the same shells, and the same weight and fit, they should recoil the same, but I believe the Winchester is lighter because of the aluminum receiver. Therefore, all else being equal, the SXP should kick more. Rarely is all else equal however.
Yeah I thought that, the 870's receiver ways a ton compared to modern alloy ones. I guess it depends on each guns exact configuration.