Winchester SXP
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Winchester SXP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2011, 10:16 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Winchester SXP

Hi guys, I’ve back tracked through historical posts to check if this has already been talked about but I couldn’t find anything. Apologies if I’m repeating topics.

The walnut on my side by side has taken a beating over the years so I decided to retire it to lighter loads and buy myself a Winchester SXP 12g field gun for the bigger stuff.

It seems like a really nice gun, solid construction with a good weight to it (not too light). The pump mechanism is very smooth and it locks into place without movement. I like the finish on the receiver and the clean cut ejection port.
The only thing I didn’t like was the barrel mainly because it says "made in Turkey on it", plus it seems painted as appose to anodised like the receiver (I may be wrong).
Also there seems to be a lack in aftermarket parts.

Anybody have any experience with this gun, any issues with it as of yet?

Thanks for reading.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here