winchester 1300...rifled slug barrel?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > winchester 1300...rifled slug barrel?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2009, 04:12 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default winchester 1300...rifled slug barrel?

Anybody know if there is a rifled slug barrel made for a winchester 1300 12g?
How about holographic sights, anyone have input on that?

I live in a shotgun only zone for deer so i would like to optimize the performance as much as i can without going out and buying a whole new shotgun. I also plan to equip it with a Knoxx recoil reduction stock and rubber overmolded forearm. should be pretty neat.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-08-2009, 05:11 PM   #2

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Yes on the barrel and yes on the holographic sights. Many makers and choices for the sights.

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 12-08-2009, 09:48 PM   #3

Thank you, I was hoping the answer was yes. I'm having a tough time finding the rifled barrel, maybe I'm not looking in the right spots or just not looking quite hard enough. could you tell me where i can find one?

Old 12-08-2009, 09:52 PM   #4

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Are you using Google? Put this in the search feature "rifled slug barrel made for a Winchester 1300 12g?"

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 12-08-2009, 11:05 PM   #5

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Cabela's? Gander Mountain? Just about every other sporting goods retailer?

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 12-09-2009, 12:18 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Does your 1300 have a changable choke? Mine does and I bought an extended, rifled choke tube. I've been pleased with the results and it was conciderably less then a new barrel. Now if your looking to get all you can out of the modern slugs @ 100yds, I'd go with a full barrel but where I use slugs the longest shot is 40-50 yards on whitetail and my rifled choke will do just fine.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 12-09-2009, 05:31 PM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2996 Times on 1561 Posts
Likes Given: 279

Since Winchester went Tango Uniform, there are not alot of aftermarket acessories made. Winchester did make a rifled barrel but they are rarely seen on the market. It seems 1200/1300 owners do not let go easily (I know I don't).

I have been looking for a rifled barrel for my 1200 for several years. I have seen them but I am unwilling to spend $200 on a barrel for a gun that cost me $189.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 01-24-2010, 04:56 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriss1470 View Post
Anybody know if there is a rifled slug barrel made for a winchester 1300 12g?
How about holographic sights, anyone have input on that?

I live in a shotgun only zone for deer so i would like to optimize the performance as much as i can without going out and buying a whole new shotgun. I also plan to equip it with a Knoxx recoil reduction stock and rubber overmolded forearm. should be pretty neat.
Yes go to Midwest gun works web site for rifled barrels for a Win mod 1300

Old 04-05-2010, 03:41 PM   #9

Default 1300 slug barrels

Winchester Model 1300 Barrels: MGW

Old 01-09-2013, 02:42 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
Does your 1300 have a changable choke? Mine does and I bought an extended, rifled choke tube. I've been pleased with the results and it was conciderably less then a new barrel. Now if your looking to get all you can out of the modern slugs @ 100yds, I'd go with a full barrel but where I use slugs the longest shot is 40-50 yards on whitetail and my rifled choke will do just fine.
I just read in another forum that a rifled choke tube is more accurate than a rifled barrel, which surprise the heck out of me because what you state makes more sense allowing a greater distance for the lead to spin. Others post the same thing. However, a few posts went on the support the rifled choke to claim the 2 3/4's were also surprisingly more accurate than the 3" slugs with these rifled chokes. Sabots were also quoted as being more accurate than Fosters in these rifled chokes ( 2-3" at 100 yards vs. 2" at same distance with a rifled barrel struck me as impressive.

I am just a little confused as to what is most accurate. I can pick out an eye of a snake blindfolded 20 miles away with a rifle or handgun but can't hit the broad side of a barn with a shotgun standing 5 feet away for some crazy reason. ( mind you, I only have 300 shells behind my belt where I was shooting rifle since a baby and handgun thereafter) I am also left eye dominant and shoot right handed that hasn't caused any problems so far, as I shoot a shotgun like a rifle with one eye , and 60 shells later my cheek is as sore as my shoulder.

Anyways, out of the only 2 guns I own now, both shotguns (I'd laugh too) I I even had my 26 inch barrel tapped with a small bead half way to line up with the front bead but haven't tried that yet. A friend saw the set up and claimed I just couldn't miss, he was a police officer for 15 years.

Combined with the riled choke tube, I thought this might rival a deer barrel accuracy but I am confused from the many posts who disagree on the subject one way or the other. One post burst my bubble claiming the rifled choke doesn't add any significant amount of accuracy and another claimed it was more accurate than a rifled barrel.

I would be curious to see what they are patterning with 2 3/4' fosters at 100 and 150 yards. I wish I had the land to test this myself and post the results but there are few places to shoot up here in Canada. Even my old gun club closed down and its been a few years.

What you state makes most sense from what I read as most people claim that a rifled tube is no where as accurate as a rifled barrel and the physics back it up but don't think a 1" difference out to 100 yards is that substantial. I wonder just how much more accurate the rifled choke tube really is. I am a still bit confused on the subject after reading several posts. I am almost tempted to ask a farmer to use his field here where I live so I can post the results on youtube and settle the controversy =)