Wife's new SRM 1216
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Wife's new SRM 1216

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2012, 01:56 AM   #1
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5923 Times on 3093 Posts
Likes Given: 418

Default Wife's new SRM 1216

the wife wanted to go to midwest industries this afternoon. after looking at their stuff she had me get a shotgun off the top of the wall. if you havent guessed its the new srm 1216... she instantly fell in love with the "pointy thing on the end"!!

anyway its her new gun. she gets to pick it up on wednesday

yes thats a real functional M2 in the background with a "safety tip" lol

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Wiebelhaus Likes This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-11-2012, 01:58 AM   #2

Liked 268 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 1032

Holy cow man! it's a 12g right?

The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory. - Col. Jeff Cooper.

Old 12-11-2012, 02:12 AM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiebelhaus View Post
Holy cow man! it's a 12g right?
yup.

semi auto 16 rounds detachable mag. comes with 2 mags. so thats 32 shells...

she is pretty excited. already has plans to put her aimpoint on it with backup sights and a sling. she wants to go shoot it friday to sight in the rds then go shoot some skeet saturday

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 12-11-2012, 02:18 AM   #4
Proud to be an American
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 881 Times on 401 Posts
Likes Given: 409

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
yup.

she is pretty excited. already has plans to put her aimpoint on it with backup sights and a sling. she wants to go shoot it friday to sight in the rds then go shoot some skeet saturday
Wow Merry Christmas! Very nice I have been looking for something along those lines for a while now. I was considering the KSG but I have to say this one interest me a lot!

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

Old 12-11-2012, 02:23 AM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

she just stumbled across fps russia looking for videos of the srm *sigh*

Wiebelhaus Likes This 
Old 12-11-2012, 02:29 AM   #6

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Skeet -- that's killer!

Never heard of that thing. Very niche and/or new I guess. Geez, I think the largest capacity shotgun I own is like, I dunno, 10+1. I feel so... inadequate.

Old 12-11-2012, 02:37 AM   #7

Quote:
yup.

I'm certainly not trying to patronize anyone so this is a purely technical question, she can handle that much mule kick? I'd hurt after a few sessions and I'm a big ass manly dude lol. My wife, no way.

The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory. - Col. Jeff Cooper.

Old 12-11-2012, 02:38 AM   #8

Quote:
she just stumbled across fps russia looking for videos of the srm *sigh*
haha, your acting all disappointed! as the urban folks say, stop FRONTIN'!.

Old 12-11-2012, 02:54 AM   #9

Liked 159 Times on 96 Posts

I saw one of these once I think, does the magazine on the foregrip spin? Mean looking shotgun...

The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved

Old 12-11-2012, 02:58 AM   #10
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
I'm certainly not trying to patronize anyone so this is a purely technical question, she can handle that much mule kick? I'd hurt after a few sessions and I'm a big ass manly dude lol. My wife, no way.
i think she will handle it well. she has fired my saiga 12 but didnt care for it because of the super long stock. its a semi auto so it should help a lot on recoil. she is pretty tough and determined to do things correctly. im not going to just turn her loose without showing her in depth how to shoulder it and learn the hard way

Quote:
haha, your acting all disappointed! as the urban folks say, stop FRONTIN'!.
lol im very happy she is getting more into firearms especially with the sht storm thats comming. she has learned well to make good decisions on what will work for her.

Wiebelhaus Likes This