Who's laughing now? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Who's laughing now?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2012, 10:59 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 154 Times on 116 Posts

It seems to me a whole lot of people worry way too much about what the other guy is shooting. Some guys with high dollar guns look down on guys with black guns, and some guys with black guns act like they have a case of envy and are determined to "prove" themselves or their guns. As you get older and the testosterone level goes down so do these type behaviors. If you just worry about you having a gun you like, and how good you can shoot your gun life can be much less stressful.

What could have happened... did.

Old 12-01-2012, 11:53 AM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2007 Times on 1379 Posts
Likes Given: 766

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonydewar View Post
i guess its what you enjoy. if you have never shot a gun that was fitted to shoot where you look you cant under stand . i guess its like girlfrends you can have something that serves your need or spend a little more and have one that preforms as you like and you are proud to be seen with. and you dont need to spend that much my beretta 687L bought used then fitted for less than 2500 has well over 10000 rounds thru it with 0 malfunctions let me see an 870 or 500 go that long with out a ftf or fte or the 500 drop a shell.and i still have resale value
I have a Mossberg 500C that I shoot sporting clays with. it has shot thousands of rounds without any failures, no repairs. percentage wise it's held it's value far better than your Beratta. it's actually worth more than I paid for it. If you can count the rounds you have put through a shotgun it's still new. By the way, yes, the Mossberg has been fitted to me.

My health isn't good enough to shoot five rounds of sporting clays but the barrel never gets that hot. Back in my younger days I did shoot skeet with a 500A it would easily shoot 500 rounds in a day without a malfunction. The barrel never got hot on the 12 ga either. I loved to shoot skeet so much that I had to limit myself to 16 rounds in a day. Otherwise I would have never slept trying to reload enough shells.

You seem to forget the 500A is one of the few shotguns that actually survived a military trial.

Last edited by John_Deer; 12-01-2012 at 12:19 PM.

Old 12-02-2012, 02:32 PM   #23

Liked 769 Times on 601 Posts

always remember, any shotgun can be used to have fun shooting clays.

but reach in your pocket, put good money on the line and bet its performance on a match, and the attitude changes.

thats when high dollar guns will shine. only then.
otherwise, if it goes bang, have all the fun you can....until your shoulder falls off.

Retired Naval Aviation
Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
Contact Man for the FTF Shotgun Shoot
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/5th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-apr-11-12-2015-a-109479/