Who's laughing now? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Who's laughing now?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2012, 12:14 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 144 Times on 99 Posts

forumrunner_20121125_081312.jpg

forumrunner_20121125_081357.jpg

Here you are sirs!

Old 11-25-2012, 02:27 PM   #12
The only democracy and friend in the region
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Eatonville,Washington. My nearest neighbors are cows.
Liked 1755 Times on 976 Posts
Likes Given: 5315

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueguns View Post
Good shooting! And yes we need some pics. Sorry I stole the cookie, here's the plate back.
That black shotgun should look find on the line. You can tell them that it has stealth engraving and gold inlay.

Thanks for the plate, I kept busy in the meantime.
plate.jpeg  

Last edited by KG7IL; 11-25-2012 at 02:36 PM. Reason: Edit to correct post timing and comments.

Old 11-25-2012, 04:57 PM   #13

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

That awesome, my father in law was once told at a shooting match he couldn't shoot anymore with his 870, he was outshooting guys with super long choked barrels with a really old 870 wingmaster.

It's funny when people sink lots of money in something and get a big head and someone else comes along and out does them with a lot less money, especially when they run thier mouths about it or laugh at what you got.

Couple years ago I went to the bi annual shoot at knob creek range. Pulled in the very mud field parking lot behind a guy and his buddies in a big dodge dually 4x4. As I was getting out of my truck, he told his bros in a condesending manner how all these silly people come in here in the mud in cars and 2wd trucks and then ask the 4wd guys to pull them out. I just told him I never asked for you to pull me out. I stayed for a few hours and headed out, the dodge guy and his friends were sitting on his tailgate eating lunch when I fired up my 01 dodge Dakota 2wd and left without spinning a wheel and driving slightly uphill the whole way.

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

Old 11-25-2012, 06:56 PM   #14
The only democracy and friend in the region
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Eatonville,Washington. My nearest neighbors are cows.
Liked 1755 Times on 976 Posts
Likes Given: 5315

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragunovsks View Post
It's funny when people sink lots of money in something and get a big head and someone else comes along and out does them with a lot less money, especially when they run thier mouths about it or laugh at what you got.
My BIL has a very nice something or another, he had to fly somewhere to be measured and they built it just for him. It might be a $20K shotgun.

For him it is all about the day at the range. He enjoys talking, sharing, shooting with his buddies. The whole event is what's important.

Although he shoots well, I don't know where he places, but like I said he enjoys the whole experience. I can't fault him a bit. He has fun.

I have an old single shot with a bakelite stock. I suppose that they would let me join them, but maybe not...

Old 11-26-2012, 12:22 AM   #15

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 75

i guess its what you enjoy. if you have never shot a gun that was fitted to shoot where you look you cant under stand . i guess its like girlfrends you can have something that serves your need or spend a little more and have one that preforms as you like and you are proud to be seen with. and you dont need to spend that much my beretta 687L bought used then fitted for less than 2500 has well over 10000 rounds thru it with 0 malfunctions let me see an 870 or 500 go that long with out a ftf or fte or the 500 drop a shell.and i still have resale value

Old 11-26-2012, 12:35 AM   #16

Liked 17 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 16

At my club they don't care what you use. The only thing they do care about is if you are safe. I would guess you could use op's gun for sporting clays or skeet. I know it won't work well for trap.

Criminals advocate stronger gun laws to foster a safer work environment. This limits their exposure to risk.

Last edited by gvw3; 11-26-2012 at 12:35 AM. Reason: spelling

Old 11-26-2012, 12:58 AM   #17

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 75

point taken and very true! where in the nw burbs? use to live in round lake and grew up in carpentersville. use to shoot at the old northbrook gun club and fox vally rifle range.

Old 11-27-2012, 01:40 AM   #18

Liked 26 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 1

We took my FN SLP to the Rio Salado Sportsmans Club in Mesa, AZ & shot 24/25 for the first round of trap with it. Fitted trap or sporting clays guns can certainly make the difference in competition, but if you're just doing a round or two for fun - anything can work.

Old 11-30-2012, 12:07 AM   #19

Liked 17 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonydewar View Post
point taken and very true! where in the nw burbs? use to live in round lake and grew up in carpentersville. use to shoot at the old northbrook gun club and fox vally rifle range.
We shoot at the Saint Charles sportsman club. Live in Schaumburg.

Criminals advocate stronger gun laws to foster a safer work environment. This limits their exposure to risk.

Old 11-30-2012, 08:15 PM   #20

Liked 706 Times on 551 Posts

most ranges that have skeet and trap are only concerned about the gun and if its safe around other shooters. at my range, if you showed up with that gun, id caution you to keep the stock unfolded. see, when youre around others shooting on a station like skeet, people are all around you. short bbl guns are easy to get pointed in the wrong direction. if you keep it unfolded, you can sling it under your arm with it pointed down. the other reason short bbl guns catch shooters attention on a range is, many like to have their folded guns hugged with the muzzle under their chins. i'll let you figure that one out.
i allow riot guns on my range all the time. it gives me a chance to teach them the right way to carry them.

Retired Naval Aviation
Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
Contact Man for the FTF Shotgun Shoot
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/