Who makes H&R Shotguns? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Who makes H&R Shotguns?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2008, 08:52 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoJoe View Post
Cerberus is run by Steve Feinberg an avid hunter who donates money to Republicans. Dan Quayle is a manager at the firm and Rumsfeld is a client. I doubt Cerberus is buying firearms manufacturers to shut them down or intentionally cripple the industry. In fact, given the strategy of the left to sue gunmakers to drive them out of business it is good to see firms get capitalized.
Well that's good to know.

9x18=Makarov

Old 07-14-2010, 11:23 PM   #12

The sellout by Remington and Cerebus Capital stabbed the little town of Gardner ,Mass. in the back. The little place is about 80 miles west of Boston. The quaint little community grew up around two industries....SIMPLEX Time Recorder and H&R. Simplex was owned by the Watkins family for over 100 years. My wife has worked for them in SC for over 20 yrs.. The 3rd generation CEO Chris Watkins was a very likable and kind hearted man. Every year he would send every employee a birthday card on their birthday with a crisp brand new $5 bill in it. It started as a tradition when his grandfather would take each employee to lunch. After a while Simplex expanded by building not only time clocks,but fire alarm systems too. They are the Cadillac or Rolls Royce of fire alarm systems. Most gov. buildings and schools spec. Simplex in their building plans. The little town thrived. Simplex was the only fire alarm company in the USA that had a UL lab on site.That is huge. They do business in 126 countries...Needless to say the CEO could not take everyone to lunch ,but he still hunted them down with a personally signed birthday card each year. A few years ago Mr.Watkins was getting old enough to retire. His only kids a son and daughter wanted nothing to do with the company. Both were successful lawyers and had their own practice. Noone in the family wanted to run the company so he sold it to TYCO for one billion dollars cash on the barrell head.With tears in his eyes he said good bye. TYCO if you remember was ran by the guy that had a $16,000 shower curtain and a $5,000 gold plated trash can on the companies exspence. He stold between $600 million and a billion dollars off them and went to prison. Now everything that was at Garner,Mass. has about folded up. Simplex byes most of their products from Taiwan and the other ricebowl sweatshop countries. The closing of H&R has just about wiped the little town out. The mayor also rides the town garbage truck and dumps garbage...I have owned several H&R weapons. The first gun of any kind I owned was an H&R ..410. My wife bought me a new one the same week they announced they were closing. I had the misfortune of buying a new H&R 20 gauge shotgun from the new plant in New York...To say it was junk would be a gross overstatement of its value. They have ruined that product as far as I am concerned. I have a 2 yr. degree in mechanical eng. technology. I have a H&R 45/70 made in Gardner,Mass. that has the finest metal to metal fit I have ever seen on any device period. It was is like a rifle that would be made in Heaven if God was a hunter. When you close the action and it locks shut...you can not tell it. I stood in the field with tears in my eyes the first evening I went out and shot the 20 gauge....I was sick to my stomach.Not only did this bunch of stuffed suits ruin an innocent little town,but they ruined one of the most famous firearms in the country. It may not be a Weatherby,but try to fathom how many young boys started hunting with a H&R .410.Every male in my family has one.It is.....was the most used firearm in the country ...especially with the working class folks. Shame on these money grubbers.That is all I can say without being profane....Shame on them all.

Last edited by BIGDAVE54; 07-14-2010 at 11:25 PM.

Old 08-07-2010, 12:21 PM   #13
rab
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default H&R

IN the military, my first AR was by H&R. Their logo on the lwr rcvr puzzled me. I also have one of their budget "Pardner Pumps". Ran off 1 1/2 boxes of Win 00, without a hitch. I like it. I'll have to shoot it a little more to feel OK with it being my primary home defense weapon. I'm trying to avoid the "dress-up" like I did for my AR, but I found some nice sites, along with lots of info on the net. Aparently, it is a Rem 870 clone. "Everything except the magazine extensions", is the word. Haven't tried anything new yet. I did however, get some basic things that it "really needed". Rails, heat-shield, shell-holders and ammo.....
Oh well, here we go again........... Hope the AR don't get jealous.
By the way, her name's Althea.