Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > what's wrong with mossbergs?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2012, 01:28 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 140 Times on 99 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc

People have their preferences on placment of controls. Other folks have preferences about how the shotguns are made ( the Remington has a steel receiver while the Mossberg is aluminum). Others state that they prefer the feel of a Remington, (The Remington action bars are welded while the Mossbergs rails are riveted, and that causes the pump on a Mossberg to wiggle some. Neither is a badd way to attach the action bars, just different).
Good post thanks. Didn't know those diffrences.

Old 08-18-2012, 01:58 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1002 Times on 563 Posts
Likes Given: 389

Mossberg has upgraded in the past decade or so.

In 1981 when I bought my 870 Wingmaster 3" I paid about $40 more for it vs. a Mossy.

The Wingmaster was a much more refined shotgun compared to the Mossy.

The Mossy had a single slide bar and rattled as much as a baby's toy.

The Remy Express and today's Mossbergs match up very well.

I would buy a used vintage Wingmaster over an Express or a Mossberg.

My $0.02, YMMV.

Old 08-18-2012, 05:28 PM   #13

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Hay axx if you need parts for the defender, call up ATI gunstocks, they have parts for it now, the number is 1-800-925-2522 request a catalog I got the six piston scopion stock and the five sided forend,for that gun,two nasty parts when I get the sxp ,I'm looking at the halo heat sheald,now that's a sick part for the defender,its like its floating on the barrel

Old 08-18-2012, 06:08 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1348 Times on 1024 Posts
Likes Given: 1764

Default Whats wrong.......

99 % of the time its the owner, There is nothing wrong with mossbergs, being pump or auto. They will kill just as much as the high priced guns.....

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

Old 08-18-2012, 06:41 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 16820 Times on 9746 Posts
Likes Given: 43875

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynFaTs View Post
Hay axx if you need parts for the defender, call up ATI gunstocks, they have parts for it now, the number is 1-800-925-2522 request a catalog I got the six piston scopion stock and the five sided forend,for that gun,two nasty parts when I get the sxp ,I'm looking at the halo heat sheald,now that's a sick part for the defender,its like its floating on the barrel
Fats, not on mine! i like simple and clean. i am not into all that tactical stuff on my firearms, simple and clean. i only mentioned the accessories and parts for the 500 and the 870, because some people do like the tactical parts for their shotguns.

Old 08-18-2012, 08:18 PM   #16

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I here ya axx, they got a lot of hunting stocks too

Old 08-18-2012, 10:01 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynFaTs View Post
I here ya axx, they got a lot of hunting stocks too
Fats, do they have a website?

Old 08-18-2012, 10:40 PM   #18
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1798 Times on 921 Posts
Likes Given: 971

Gary,

I do not know who you were talking with but I will bet they have never owned one. And probably read everything they share with no real experience! I Own 870s, and have owned a couple of 500s and presently own a Mossberg 930 Semi-Auto Turkey Gun! There is absolutely nothing wrong with the Mossbergs...

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 08-18-2012, 11:47 PM   #19

Liked 140 Times on 99 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper03
Gary,

I do not know who you were talking with but I will bet they have never owned one. And probably read everything they share with no real experience! I Own 870s, and have owned a couple of 500s and presently own a Mossberg 930 Semi-Auto Turkey Gun! There is absolutely nothing wrong with the Mossbergs...
Just hear people here an there bashing em, then I'm at my LGS the other day an there is a guy looking at shotguns and the employee goes to hand em a mossberg, he says * don't even hand me a mossberg POS* just kinds looked at him crazy an went back to what I was doin. Kinda got the wheels turning tho. Like I said Ive got a decent amount of rounds through mine an it works great for me.

Old 08-19-2012, 12:24 AM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryGlock View Post
Just hear people here an there bashing em, then I'm at my LGS the other day an there is a guy looking at shotguns and the employee goes to hand em a mossberg, he says * don't even hand me a mossberg POS* just kinds looked at him crazy an went back to what I was doin. Kinda got the wheels turning tho. Like I said Ive got a decent amount of rounds through mine an it works great for me.
i see this type of person from time to time at my LGS. they spout off remarks like that, to try and make people think they know more about firearms than they really do. most of their knowledge comes from the internet and not really any actual hands on usage or true knowledge of a particular firearm. Mossberg has been making ffirearms for many, many years. if they weren't making good firearms, they wouldn't still be in business, would they?