whats a good red dot site for a shotty
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > whats a good red dot site for a shotty

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2012, 06:05 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 247 Times on 169 Posts

Default whats a good red dot site for a shotty

Im lpoking for a red dot sight with multiple reticles for diffrent rounds that can with stand the 12 gauge recoil. Iwith that being said i dont like sunoptics and herd bad things about truglow....anyone have a shotty red dot that goes wigh what im looking for

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-10-2012, 11:06 AM   #2
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Not my area of expertise but I believe eotech makes shotgun sights.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 09-10-2012, 11:21 AM   #3

Liked 2304 Times on 1353 Posts
Likes Given: 508

The multiple reticle thing is kind of a gimicky thing that seems to be used on low end optics. I'd just go with a simple dot or an EOTech.

Aimpoint is of course going to be a top of the line and top price piece.

Bushnell makes a few decent optics that are more reasonably priced, and from what I've seen, pretty tough for the money. Their TRS-25 is one tha tI have run on an AR, an AK, and a Marlin .30-30. I have not tried it on a shotgun yet. The older Bushnell holosights are made by the same company that makes EOTechs and they are pretty tough. They don't have the same battry life as the EOTech, but the rest of the performance is the same.

If you could find an older Japanese made Tasco Propoint PDP-2 or PDP-3 on E-bay, they are also a simple and tough optic for the price.

Primary Arms and Vortex have good reputations for solid budget optics, but I have no personal experience with them other than range buddies who have them and have had no trouble from them.

Old 09-10-2012, 11:21 AM   #4
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Thanks doc.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 09-10-2012, 11:29 AM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I have 2 simmons scopes right now for my shottys. One is a red dot and one is an actual scope with a diamond reticle. I would let them go if you are interested.

Old 09-10-2012, 12:29 PM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5812 Times on 3033 Posts
Likes Given: 398

Im using a vortex sparc on my saiga 12. Works awesome

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 09-10-2012, 01:51 PM   #7

Well i have an eotech and an aimpoint. Im putting my eotech on my saiga 12 and the aimpoint on my ar. I was more looking at the lower end but not quite sure what would hold up to 12 gauge recoil

Old 09-10-2012, 01:57 PM   #8

Liked 643 Times on 398 Posts
Likes Given: 219

Before I get into an answer I have to ask. Which type of shooting are you planning for this shotgun?

“Every person's life is theirs by right. An individual's life can and must belong only to to himself, not to any society or community, or he is then but a slave.”

“If you are unwilling to defend your right to your own lives, then you are merely like mice trying to argue with owls. You think their ways are wrong. They think you are dinner.”

“Pity for the guilty is treason to the innocent."

“Not everyone is willing to embrace liberty; liberty requires not just effort, but risk. Some people choose to delude themselves and see their chains as protective armor.”

Old 09-10-2012, 01:58 PM   #9

Or may go with an eotech clone. Im looking to completely de,k out my 870 ans make it tact-i-cool. Black aces rhino rail, Phoenix kicklite, houge grips, pump with a rail so i can ad a fore grip and tge foregrip ans add some ak style iron sights with a shot shell sling....i think itll look badass

Old 09-10-2012, 02:01 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturnsdale
Before I get into an answer I have to ask. Which type of shooting are you planning for this shotgun?
That's why i wanted the multi reticle so i can shoot diffrent alugs according to each reticle. Bird, buck, and slugs....this is just my fun gun but if i cant qualify with my saiga for competition then ill use it instead of my saig 12