Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Shotgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f26/)
-   -   whats a good red dot site for a shotty (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f26/whats-good-red-dot-site-shotty-72164/)

Ultimate_sig 09-10-2012 06:05 AM

whats a good red dot site for a shotty

Im lpoking for a red dot sight with multiple reticles for diffrent rounds that can with stand the 12 gauge recoil. Iwith that being said i dont like sunoptics and herd bad things about truglow....anyone have a shotty red dot that goes wigh what im looking for

mountainman13 09-10-2012 11:06 AM

Not my area of expertise but I believe eotech makes shotgun sights.

SSGN_Doc 09-10-2012 11:21 AM

The multiple reticle thing is kind of a gimicky thing that seems to be used on low end optics. I'd just go with a simple dot or an EOTech.

Aimpoint is of course going to be a top of the line and top price piece.

Bushnell makes a few decent optics that are more reasonably priced, and from what I've seen, pretty tough for the money. Their TRS-25 is one tha tI have run on an AR, an AK, and a Marlin .30-30. I have not tried it on a shotgun yet. The older Bushnell holosights are made by the same company that makes EOTechs and they are pretty tough. They don't have the same battry life as the EOTech, but the rest of the performance is the same.

If you could find an older Japanese made Tasco Propoint PDP-2 or PDP-3 on E-bay, they are also a simple and tough optic for the price.

Primary Arms and Vortex have good reputations for solid budget optics, but I have no personal experience with them other than range buddies who have them and have had no trouble from them.

mountainman13 09-10-2012 11:21 AM

Thanks doc.

xcoreyyyx 09-10-2012 11:29 AM

I have 2 simmons scopes right now for my shottys. One is a red dot and one is an actual scope with a diamond reticle. I would let them go if you are interested.

JonM 09-10-2012 12:29 PM

Im using a vortex sparc on my saiga 12. Works awesome

Ultimate_sig 09-10-2012 01:51 PM

Well i have an eotech and an aimpoint. Im putting my eotech on my saiga 12 and the aimpoint on my ar. I was more looking at the lower end but not quite sure what would hold up to 12 gauge recoil

Eturnsdale 09-10-2012 01:57 PM

Before I get into an answer I have to ask. Which type of shooting are you planning for this shotgun?

Ultimate_sig 09-10-2012 01:58 PM

Or may go with an eotech clone. Im looking to completely de,k out my 870 ans make it tact-i-cool. Black aces rhino rail, Phoenix kicklite, houge grips, pump with a rail so i can ad a fore grip and tge foregrip ans add some ak style iron sights with a shot shell sling....i think itll look badass

Ultimate_sig 09-10-2012 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eturnsdale
Before I get into an answer I have to ask. Which type of shooting are you planning for this shotgun?

That's why i wanted the multi reticle so i can shoot diffrent alugs according to each reticle. Bird, buck, and slugs....this is just my fun gun but if i cant qualify with my saiga for competition then ill use it instead of my saig 12