what should I buy? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > what should I buy?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2010, 01:26 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX100 View Post
You copied yours and you have wrong price posted for the 590A1 SPX. The $449 you posted is way below dealer cost. The low retail price is about $559 for the 590A1 SPX with LPA GRS and rail. The price you posted is for a 590A1 with factory GRS.

Nice shotgun but it's very heavy fully loaded with the heavy wall barrel.

GC
That's my point...
I didn't do anything different than what you do.

At GunBroker.com opening bid usually range from $450-$490. As far as the 590A1 w/ factory GRS; starting bid is usually $350. Granted these are auction prices, but usually there's no reserve and some sellers will list items at bargain basement prices. Hoping the bidding will drive the price up. If no one else bids winner gets it at a big savings. Of course there's other places to find bargains; other on-line websites, locally, gun shows, left over/surplus inventory, etc. That's why my OP states...
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderFire View Post
Shop around the deals are out there.

Old 03-04-2010, 03:26 AM   #12

Quote:
At GunBroker.com opening bid usually range from $450-$490. As far as the 590A1 w/ factory GRS; starting bid is usually $350. Granted these are auction prices, but usually there's no reserve and some sellers will list items at bargain basement prices. Hoping the bidding will drive the price up. If no one else bids winner gets it at a big savings. Of course there's other places to find bargains; other on-line websites, locally, gun shows, left over/surplus inventory, etc. That's why my OP states...
You need to check your Gun Broker prices again. The prices you posted for Mossberg 590A1 SPX with LPA Ghost Ring Sight Model 50771 are about $35 - $75 under dealer cost.

Here is the GunBroker Link. Prices range from $598 to $650. The only one listed for $469 isn't a SPX. Look at the picture in the action. If You can provide a supplier that has them for $450 each I will take 10 of them. The LPA sights cost about $180 a set.

GunBroker.com - Search Results: 590 SPX

To the OP the Mossberg 930 SPX is in your price range and would be a good choice if you decide on a Semi Auto.

GC

Last edited by MAX100; 03-04-2010 at 03:51 AM.

Old 03-04-2010, 03:45 AM   #13

If you have around $600, and want something fancier I would recommend the Mossberg 930 SPX 8 shot (#85360). My local gun shop sells it for $620 I think, which is a decent enough price for an auto loader. Personally I prefer the "M-16" style sights to the more basic sights.

Things to think about before you Open Carry
Read this before you decide to carry!

Old 03-04-2010, 08:43 AM   #14

I own a benelli nova pump, and love it its not a tactial but they do make a tactial model but I think some of the other brands hold more ammo.

Old 03-05-2010, 04:54 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX100 View Post
You need to check your Gun Broker prices again. The prices you posted for Mossberg 590A1 SPX with LPA Ghost Ring Sight Model 50771 are about $35 - $75 under dealer cost.

Here is the GunBroker Link. Prices range from $598 to $650. The only one listed for $469 isn't a SPX. Look at the picture in the action. If You can provide a supplier that has them for $450 each I will take 10 of them. The LPA sights cost about $180 a set.

GunBroker.com - Search Results: 590 SPX

GC
Your link shows BIN's.
Starting Bid & BIN price only being a few pennies to a couple of dollars difference isn't the "bargain basement" deals I was talking about. But I can see how you misunderstood me by how I worded my thread- bad wording on my part, I apologize. Instead of saying "usually" I should of said occasionally. I did say some dealers not all. Item# 50771 was new for Mossberg's 2009 product line. Dealers that work in volume have to move their products eventually to make room for new merchandise. No you won't find them in lots of 10 or selling at opening bid, but I have seen them sell at a significant savings.

To the OP-
Which ever model you decide on shop around and get the best price available. Even local stores will flex a little. Good Luck-