what shotgun should i get?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > what shotgun should i get?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2008, 05:32 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default what shotgun should i get?

input please.

im gonna be buying a shotgun soon, prolly by the end of this month, and i was wondering what would be good.

im hoping for a not too expensive, but quality shotgun with pistol grip and stock

NRA member

by the way: Guns don't kill people, drivers on cell phones kill people.

Kel-Tec Su-16, Glock 17

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-12-2008, 06:14 AM   #2

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

you cam buy a moss 500 for about 230 bucks and buy an advanced technoloy collapsable stock for 60 bucks through cabelas. the cool thing with the stock is that you can off the tube assembly and have your pisol grip as well

Wars begin where u will
But they do not end where you please-Machiavelli

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- Dr. Johnson

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.." - Samuel Adams

your my best friend but if the zombies start chasing us im tripping you

Old 11-12-2008, 04:11 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Check out the Saiga 12s. They come with/can have pistol grips and folding stocks added. They cycle very fast. You have the option of 10 round mags or 20 round drums as well.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 11-28-2008, 11:05 PM   #4

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Of the lower end shotguns I believe that the Rem. 870 Express is by far the best built and the best for the money.

Catfish
Ohio

Old 11-29-2008, 03:50 AM   #5

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Hong - In your price range, I would definitely be looking for a Mossberg 500 or a Remington 870. Either one would be an ideal choice for home defense and are proven shotguns for multiple applications. They both offer an extensive aftermarket, but the Remington's is a tad bit stronger/varied.

Either one is easy to use, easy to take apart and learn on, not to metion reliable.

JD

Old 12-01-2008, 12:24 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Of the lower end shotguns I believe that the Rem. 870 Express is by far the best built and the best for the money.
I've put thousands of rounds through an 870 while trap shooting and hunting without a single problem.

They are very dependable.

Take care
Ken

Old 12-01-2008, 04:04 AM   #7

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 19

I have a Remington 870 Marine Magnum. I stake my life and my family's life on its dependability in a time of need. Of course I have a few other little goodies just in case.

"Tolerance is the Virtue of a man without Convictions" G. K. Chesterton

ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε

Considering the fact that the victim is the first one at the scene of a violent crime, I believe all law abiding citizens should be armed.

"Fast is fine, Accurate is final." - Wyatt Earp

Old 12-11-2008, 12:21 AM   #8

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

I would go with, and I'm going to once I get around to buying a shotgun, a Remington 870. A LOT of upgrade options.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 12-11-2008, 12:57 AM   #9

The 870 has been very dependable for me during hunting--never a problem with the gun....getting to the ammo was a problem with the hunter on one duck excursion.

Old 12-19-2008, 06:37 AM   #10

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt g View Post
Check out the Saiga 12s. They come with/can have pistol grips and folding stocks added. They cycle very fast. You have the option of 10 round mags or 20 round drums as well.
he wanted cheap price. a saiga 12 is great, but the base model is not pistol grip or collapsible stock. Those mods will wind up requiring him to spend closer to a grand for everything. Just a basic saiga is between $500 and $600 these days.

The 870, as mentioned a dozen times already, is the most practical way to go. You want to get an auto-loader instead of pump? I say a remington 1100 tactical at a recent gun show for $600. I have one, and it is a GREAT shotgun.