what is this remmy worth? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > what is this remmy worth?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2011, 05:36 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DarinCraft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: CA
Posts: 1,170
Liked 23 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default

Thanks. It's in great shape, but I have no idea what it's worth. I was thinking a couple hundred bucks until I started looking around.

The other question is if that ugly Cutt's comp makes it worth more or less? I can buy another barrel for it, but for crying out loud a plain jane fixed choke no rib is $175 used.

__________________
Quote:
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
Thomas Jefferson
From the great speaker...er uh Barak Obongo

"Liberals make great proctologists. They're the only ones who truly know what the inside of an anus looks like."~me
DarinCraft is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 12:13 AM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DarinCraft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: CA
Posts: 1,170
Liked 23 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default

Anyone? Anyone have an idea?

__________________
Quote:
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
Thomas Jefferson
From the great speaker...er uh Barak Obongo

"Liberals make great proctologists. They're the only ones who truly know what the inside of an anus looks like."~me
DarinCraft is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 12:20 AM   #13
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
TimL2952's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lockport,New York
Posts: 1,329
Liked 188 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 304

Default

My dad has the same model but without the compensator/choke on it...

All I can say is that the gun you have now will outlast any NEW remington 1100's...If you're thinking of selling it..don't

Price wise I'd guess anywhere $700-$1,000 depending on the market and who you are sellin it too

__________________
TimL2952 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 12:46 AM   #14
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DarinCraft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: CA
Posts: 1,170
Liked 23 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default

Thank you sir. I am selling it because I have no use for it. I shoot 12 ga and my wife has a Model 120 that she will not give up.

__________________
Quote:
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
Thomas Jefferson
From the great speaker...er uh Barak Obongo

"Liberals make great proctologists. They're the only ones who truly know what the inside of an anus looks like."~me
DarinCraft is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 01:30 AM   #15
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ta1588's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Great Free State of,Tennessee
Posts: 344
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default

It's very nice looking, the compensator makes it a little unique and gives it some of that extra cool factor. Wish I could help you with price, I'd love to have it myself

__________________
ta1588 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 01:33 AM   #16
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
doctherock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Rainy sh!thole,Oregon
Posts: 5,148
Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Default

Looks good, I'll trade you a couple packs of smokes for it.

__________________

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

doctherock is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 05:39 AM   #17
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Virginian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Evangeline,Louisiana
Posts: 857
Liked 142 Times on 109 Posts

Default

I would say $350 to $400 - if you find the right buyer. You can see prices on GunBroker. The Cutts detracts for almost all people, and the non-vent rib barrel doesn't help any either. You may stumble on a target shooter who wants a standard 20 gauge gun, but if they plan to burn a lot of shells they are probably going to want to try to find a standard 20 action sleeve to go on it too, and nothing is too easy to find for them anymore after all these years.

__________________

What could have happened... did.

Virginian is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 02:44 AM   #18
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
TimL2952's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lockport,New York
Posts: 1,329
Liked 188 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 304

Default

Im not sure what you are tryin to say virginian..but that gun will plow through shells for the rest of my natural life and I am only 19....With that 12ga. receiver, theyre tough as nails.

__________________
TimL2952 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 05:04 PM   #19
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Missileman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Omaha,Nebraska
Posts: 492
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

The 1100 20ga Magnum version has a smaller market than the standard, mainly because skeet shooters won't buy it because it won't function well with standard target loads. The Cutts is a toss-up, some will like it and some won't. The non ventilated rib distracts about $75 off the value. I'd say around $350 or so is fair market.

__________________
Dave

"Adversity does not make a man--it reveals him"
Missileman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 06:16 PM   #20
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DarinCraft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: CA
Posts: 1,170
Liked 23 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virginian View Post
, but if they plan to burn a lot of shells they are probably going to want to try to find a standard 20 action sleeve to go on it too, and nothing is too easy to find for them anymore after all these years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LUBrowningBoy View Post
Im not sure what you are tryin to say virginian..but that gun will plow through shells for the rest of my natural life and I am only 19....With that 12ga. receiver, theyre tough as nails.
I'm a little confused by that statement too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missileman View Post
The 1100 20ga Magnum version has a smaller market than the standard, mainly because skeet shooters won't buy it because it won't function well with standard target loads. The Cutts is a toss-up, some will like it and some won't. The non ventilated rib distracts about $75 off the value. I'd say around $350 or so is fair market.
Thanks for the info. Right now if $350 is all, it's not worth it to sell. I'll buy a vent rib barrel and hold onto for a loaner I guess.

It's on GB right now and get a ton of activity. The bid is $300 but not at the reserve price so we'll see where it goes.
__________________
Quote:
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
Thomas Jefferson
From the great speaker...er uh Barak Obongo

"Liberals make great proctologists. They're the only ones who truly know what the inside of an anus looks like."~me
DarinCraft is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Remmy 1911 Mags 4xJeeper 1911 Forum 7 11-07-2010 05:34 PM
Range report for .300 Win. Mag. Remmy mrm14 Range Report 14 10-07-2010 07:10 AM
Remmy 597 Madderdaddy .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion 11 03-07-2010 02:40 PM
PTC Remmy 700 replacement bolt mrm14 General Rifle Discussion 8 05-09-2009 02:50 AM
got a remmy 597 ? sgtdeath66 The Club House 1 12-27-2008 04:40 PM