what is this remmy worth? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > what is this remmy worth?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2011, 05:36 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 23 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Thanks. It's in great shape, but I have no idea what it's worth. I was thinking a couple hundred bucks until I started looking around.

The other question is if that ugly Cutt's comp makes it worth more or less? I can buy another barrel for it, but for crying out loud a plain jane fixed choke no rib is $175 used.

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
Thomas Jefferson
From the great speaker...er uh Barak Obongo

"Liberals make great proctologists. They're the only ones who truly know what the inside of an anus looks like."~me

Old 02-06-2011, 12:13 AM   #12

Anyone? Anyone have an idea?

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
Thomas Jefferson

"Liberals make great proctologists. They're the only ones who truly know what the inside of an anus looks like."~me

Old 02-06-2011, 12:20 AM   #13

Liked 188 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 304

My dad has the same model but without the compensator/choke on it...

All I can say is that the gun you have now will outlast any NEW remington 1100's...If you're thinking of selling it..don't

Price wise I'd guess anywhere $700-$1,000 depending on the market and who you are sellin it too

Old 02-06-2011, 12:46 AM   #14

Thank you sir. I am selling it because I have no use for it. I shoot 12 ga and my wife has a Model 120 that she will not give up.

Thomas Jefferson

Old 02-06-2011, 01:30 AM   #15

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

It's very nice looking, the compensator makes it a little unique and gives it some of that extra cool factor. Wish I could help you with price, I'd love to have it myself

Old 02-06-2011, 01:33 AM   #16

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Looks good, I'll trade you a couple packs of smokes for it.

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Old 02-06-2011, 05:39 AM   #17

Liked 142 Times on 109 Posts

I would say $350 to $400 - if you find the right buyer. You can see prices on GunBroker. The Cutts detracts for almost all people, and the non-vent rib barrel doesn't help any either. You may stumble on a target shooter who wants a standard 20 gauge gun, but if they plan to burn a lot of shells they are probably going to want to try to find a standard 20 action sleeve to go on it too, and nothing is too easy to find for them anymore after all these years.

What could have happened... did.

Old 02-07-2011, 02:44 AM   #18

Liked 188 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 304

Im not sure what you are tryin to say virginian..but that gun will plow through shells for the rest of my natural life and I am only 19....With that 12ga. receiver, theyre tough as nails.

Old 02-07-2011, 05:04 PM   #19

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

The 1100 20ga Magnum version has a smaller market than the standard, mainly because skeet shooters won't buy it because it won't function well with standard target loads. The Cutts is a toss-up, some will like it and some won't. The non ventilated rib distracts about $75 off the value. I'd say around $350 or so is fair market.

"Adversity does not make a man--it reveals him"

Old 02-07-2011, 06:16 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virginian View Post
, but if they plan to burn a lot of shells they are probably going to want to try to find a standard 20 action sleeve to go on it too, and nothing is too easy to find for them anymore after all these years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LUBrowningBoy View Post
Im not sure what you are tryin to say virginian..but that gun will plow through shells for the rest of my natural life and I am only 19....With that 12ga. receiver, theyre tough as nails.
I'm a little confused by that statement too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missileman View Post
The 1100 20ga Magnum version has a smaller market than the standard, mainly because skeet shooters won't buy it because it won't function well with standard target loads. The Cutts is a toss-up, some will like it and some won't. The non ventilated rib distracts about $75 off the value. I'd say around $350 or so is fair market.
Thanks for the info. Right now if $350 is all, it's not worth it to sell. I'll buy a vent rib barrel and hold onto for a loaner I guess.

It's on GB right now and get a ton of activity. The bid is $300 but not at the reserve price so we'll see where it goes.
Thomas Jefferson