Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > What do you think?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2010, 11:29 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default What do you think?

Okay, I'm going to strike up alot of opinions here, but I just want to see what every one has to say. I was talking with a guy about two weeks ago and we got on the conversation of "ïf you were only allowed one firearm of your own choice to serve you as well as possible, what would it be?" So here it is. Yes I know there is no such thing as an "All-In-One" weapon, but I think that I've created an awesome piece that puts it really close. You guessed it a 12 guage. But wait, there's a twist. I'm not talking about a pump or auto loader, I'm talking about a single shot. Why? Well, a single shot has alot less to go wrong. This is your only weapon you can ever have, remember? Less parts to fail leads to reliability. Plus who doesn't have an H&R or NEF, right? A little searching and I found all the goodies I need to make it most versatile. Collapsable stock with pistol grip, butt pad, and two side saddle shell holders and forend; Muzzle mount; tactical light and/or lazer; and a heat sheild with ghost ring sights. Still don't sound like any thing? Okay first you know that shotgun ammo is cheap for target and you can get so many different types. You can get bird, turkey, buck, slug, or specialties such as flachette, dragons breathe, buck and ball, double slug, door busters, and so many more. This being your versatility. No, it's not as fast as a pump, but with lots of practice, I've gotten to where I can shoot three skeet to my dad's five in one pull. 'That's pretty darn fast with a single. Rifled slugs group on average 12" at 150 yards. Oh, and yes it is sawn down to 19". This is still good for hunting, talking about it, just shooting, trap shooting, home defence, or a truck gun. Plus it just looks cool as crap to me. Alright I'm done. What do you have to say.

cool-shotgun.jpg  

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-27-2010, 01:31 AM   #2

There's 1000's of guns I'd pick over what you have pictured. I can't see any reason what so ever to waste money on such a useless gun.

Old 07-27-2010, 01:39 AM   #3

Fine......Keep it under 275 with all that I have, and meet all the points that I was going for and tell me what those thousands of guns are A5Mag12!!!

Old 07-27-2010, 01:48 AM   #4

Hmmm, looks great! And between shots you could always attempt to burn their retina's out with the laser while reloading. Hahaha, really I'm just kidding, sorry.

I actually want one of those single shots in .500 S&W mag.

Old 07-27-2010, 02:45 AM   #5

A single shot is useless in a SHTF scenario. Great for teaching a kid how to shoot (I have 4) but not much better than a pocket full of rocks for defending a home. I guess you could just ask the bad guys to only come one at a time. Sometimes brand new shells from all manufacturers go click. If my Model-12 (my HD shotgun) goes click I can have another shell chambered in less than a second.

Plus,, there is no force on earth that would make me only have one gun. Or only a dozen or 4 to 5 dozen for that matter. A man should at least have a gun for every year he's been weened. Here's a few I'd choose first.

Last edited by A5Mag12; 07-27-2010 at 02:54 AM.

Old 07-27-2010, 02:55 AM   #6

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

I don't know. It was me and a shotgun was going to be my one and only weapon I still think I'll take a pump action over a single shot. THere are not enough parts to make it impossible to take down and maintain. Parts are available and I like working on my firearms.

@pumpkinball
I'm not knocking your idea. It it works for you then great. I'm not one that believes that everyone needs hi-cal weapons. I carry a 1911 most the time. and sometimes not with extra mags. But I do like having more than one round available to me at a time. I have pretty quick hands thanks to my percussionist hobby. But I don't want to put that to the test when it's my life I'm gambling. But by all means. If you are comfortable with this set up then use it. There's a reason there are so many different types of firearm. One size does not fit all.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 07-27-2010, 02:56 AM   #7

And a few more.

Old 07-27-2010, 02:57 AM   #8

Last edited by A5Mag12; 07-27-2010 at 02:59 AM.

Old 07-27-2010, 03:01 AM   #9

In case it really gets deep.

Last edited by A5Mag12; 07-27-2010 at 03:16 AM.

Old 07-27-2010, 03:04 AM   #10

You can never have enough pumps. Unless you have a set of them.

The only question that one gun is the answer to is. What do you bring to a knife fight?

Last edited by A5Mag12; 07-27-2010 at 03:07 AM.

Newest Threads