What do you keep in your shotgun??? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion >

What do you keep in your shotgun???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2010, 07:46 PM   #11
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2477 Times on 1328 Posts
Likes Given: 879

Quote:
Originally Posted by willfully armed View Post
all that said. I do not believe in a shotgun as a HD gun. Mine stays in the safe. Remington 870 special field, loaded with 3" #4 copper plated buffered magnums. Primary HD is my EDC, HK USP9C, 15rds Winchester Ranger 124gr bonded. spare mag in my top dresser drawer. Secondary guns are Keltec pf9 in bedroom closet, and Taurus pt92afs in hall closet. If this isnt enough to get me to the safe for the AR's, so be it.
Sounds like a guy that doesn't want to go replacing whole sheets of drywall and half his lamps.

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA

Old 08-21-2010, 10:46 PM   #12

00 buck in my 19" pump with pisol grips.
013.jpg  
"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it or their revolutionary right to dismember it or overthrow it."

-- Abraham Lincoln, 4 April 1861

Old 08-22-2010, 03:13 AM   #13

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts

igordog,

Dead men don't tell tales or hire lawyers.

For HD, my shotty is ready with #5, 2 oz, 3" Mag-Shok turkey loads and some copper 3" mag slugs on the side. Anyone enters unwanted, center mass and I won't stop shooting until they are down and dead. No warning shot, no leg shot, just shoot until the threat is gone. Anyone breaking into your home is not there to have tea. They are there to harm you and your family.

If you are not prepared to stop the threat by killing the threat, then sell your guns and build a panic room so your family might be able to hide while all of your valuables are stolen. That is if your family can get to the panic room before the bad guy hurts a member of your family.

NEF is made in China?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 08-22-2010, 01:24 PM   #14

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Winchester PDX 1 12 gets my vote for home defense. That's some bad bama-jama there folks.

Last edited by hunter Joe; 02-22-2011 at 12:15 PM.

Old 08-22-2010, 01:54 PM   #15

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
igordog,
NEF is made in China?
I don't know if all of their products are made in China (I'm pretty sure they're not), but the Pardner Pump is. Thanks for your response.

Old 08-22-2010, 01:56 PM   #16

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter Joe View Post
Winchester PDX 1 12 gets my vote for home defense. That's some bad bama-jama there folks.
What is that? A slug with three large pellets for good measure? I guess that is pretty bad...

Old 08-22-2010, 11:05 PM   #17
jbd

I use #6 shot. In any room in my house the bird shot will do the job. I don't want anything heavier in my home because I don't want it going through every wall in my house and hitting one of my kids.

Old 08-22-2010, 11:28 PM   #18

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

What do you all think of #5, #7,#5,#7,#5,#7 in a 20 Guage 18 in tactical Remington 870?

"Time to nut up or shut up." - Tallahassee

"Life is tough, it is even tougher if you are stupid." - The Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duddn View Post
I'm a man, I see it as my obligation to like guns. And they are just so fun.

Old 08-23-2010, 12:40 AM   #19

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by G37 View Post
Do you mean 7 1/2? The only size 7 shot I have seen is British and their #7 shot is the same size as US #6 shot.

Both are going to perform the same so I see no need to use similar size bird shot for HD shotguns. I would have some real buckshot for the last two just incase the [I]bird[I]shot does not impress someone too much. I have seen exactly one person shot with a shotgun and it was with one shot of OO buck at rooms length. Even it failed to impress they guy one bit. A follow up shot from another person with 5.56 did though. Even with buckshot be prepared to shoot a few times. Not everyone drops dead with one shot of anything like the movies will tell you.........
yeah sorry 7 1/2....hmmm mkay good idea...I also have slugs would you throw a few of those in there?

"Time to nut up or shut up." - Tallahassee

"Life is tough, it is even tougher if you are stupid." - The Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duddn View Post
I'm a man, I see it as my obligation to like guns. And they are just so fun.