What is the cheapest shotgun you can get? - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion >

What is the cheapest shotgun you can get?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2013, 01:03 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1617 Times on 945 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatmydust View Post
dboy - I think a very important question is why do you want the cheapest shotgun and why do you need to get it online?

My recommendation is to save up a few bucks and go to your LGS and buy a reliable shotgun that you have had a chance to check out and have the LGS check it out also!
I'm thinking that the OP is thinking he will get the best deal online.

While that might be true to a point after shipping and transfer fees it will be about impossible to come i n at this guys price point.

The recommendation to save a little and buy local is about as sound as advice can get.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 07-20-2013, 01:07 AM   #22
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 9177 Times on 4960 Posts
Likes Given: 19351

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongBarrelTac
Or you could do what I did at 18, spend a good chunk of change buying a 9mm(Or whatever) hand gun with whatever attachments you want like pistol grip etc, maybe even get it engraved, you know make it your own, like I did then make it your partner, always by your side haha. But sure as hell makes lines move quicker in stores when you're wearing like 5.11's, boots, and have a holstered hand gun. ;D
In what year did you turn 18? You must be 21 to purchase or carry a handgun in my state. And dressing up in military costume?

Old 07-20-2013, 01:11 AM   #23

Liked 32 Times on 22 Posts

Cottontop please
People Like This 
Old 07-20-2013, 03:30 AM   #24
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22310 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie View Post
I'm thinking that the OP is thinking he will get the best deal online.

While that might be true to a point after shipping and transfer fees it will be about impossible to come i n at this guys price point.

The recommendation to save a little and buy local is about as sound as advice can get.
i fully understand that as well, and that may be so on some firearms, but even the least expensive shotguns, are going for $200 and up at MSRP and even still are not going to be anywhere near that $100 or less.

IMO, used will be about as close as he will get to his price point possibly. but new, i just don't see it happening.
MisterMcCool Likes This 
Old 07-20-2013, 03:38 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongBarrelTac View Post
Or you could do what I did at 18, spend a good chunk of change buying a 9mm(Or whatever) hand gun with whatever attachments you want like pistol grip etc, maybe even get it engraved, you know make it your own, like I did then make it your partner, always by your side haha. But sure as hell makes lines move quicker in stores when you're wearing like 5.11's, boots, and have a holstered hand gun. ;D
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool View Post
In what year did you turn 18? You must be 21 to purchase or carry a handgun in my state. And dressing up in military costume?
MrMcCool has a good point. unless you live in a state that allows private party sales of handguns to someone less than 21, it ain't happening. and many states even resrtict the sale of pistol ammo to those less than 21.

and just FYI, the mall ninja attitude won't get you any brownie points on this forum. it fact, it could very well earn you a lot of ridicule. you really might want to read a little of this thread to understand what i'm talking about.

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/mall-ninja-walmart-commando-thread-22808/index4.html
MisterMcCool Likes This 
Old 07-20-2013, 03:45 AM   #26

Location: Eatonville,Washington. My nearest neighbors are cows.
Liked 2032 Times on 1124 Posts
Likes Given: 6091

The cheapest shotgun would be my old single shot with the broken stock.
I could tell you the brand if the rust weren't so bad.

I say go to the LGS's and check them out.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 07-20-2013, 04:04 AM   #27

Liked 29 Times on 15 Posts

I turned 18 several years back, grown up with a heavily military family where it's tradition to go from 17 and join a branch as enlisted and work your way to special forces or go up to officer. Most of my family picked some sort of tactical career afterwards like my dad went NIS to various agencies and my brother went from Army special forces to, regrettably, SFPD, you get the idea. I grew up getting knives and cargo pants for Christmas and "getting" to go to military summer camps or getting a few months of Krav Maga classes for my birthdays in the summer. Started shooting smaller guns at my grandpa's farm/range at like nine I think, maybe ten. It's not a costume it's just what I grew up wearing and continue wearing because I get it all free, much more comfortable than scratchy itchy jeans and POS shoes that break down in half a year etc. I meant it to be more of a comment on how much of an irrational fear people in regular settings have just because someone has a gun at their side and a certain style they prefer wearing due to media and cultural hype haha.

Old 07-20-2013, 04:42 AM   #28

Liked 1617 Times on 945 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
i fully understand that as well, and that may be so on some firearms, but even the least expensive shotguns, are going for $200 and up at MSRP and even still are not going to be anywhere near that $100 or less.

IMO, used will be about as close as he will get to his price point possibly. but new, i just don't see it happening.
That's why I was saying that if he bought online at a price of 10 bucks with shipping and other fees it wont be another bunch of money.

Maybe ig one searched long enough you could find some old single shot near 100. But it was me I'd save back some more and look for something a little better than a used old single shot.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 07-20-2013, 04:44 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie View Post
That's why I was saying that if he bought online at a price of 10 bucks with shipping and other fees it wont be another bunch of money.

Maybe ig one searched long enough you could find some old single shot near 100. But it was me I'd save back some more and look for something a little better than a used old single shot.
i agree with you. even used, by the time you factor in shipping and FFL transfer fees, that cheap shotgun isn't so cheap after all.
DrumJunkie Likes This 
Old 07-20-2013, 12:40 PM   #30

Liked 82 Times on 59 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ
H&R makes the Pardner pump shotgun. You can get those for close to $200 new and online. You will have to go used to find cheaper.
Got my wood stock pardner for 170 otd at dicks a few years back. They hold up very well. Just oil up the rails and she will keep on trucking.