Well I was going to... - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion >

Well I was going to...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2013, 05:03 AM   #11
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3387 Times on 2291 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW357

Congrats guys on your new shottys!

Drum, I only own one shotgun! And its a 20ga bolt action. So I will gladly help you take care of your "too many 12 gauges" problem.

Seriously though, my next shotgun will probably be a Mossberg in 20ga. There's one that holds 8+1. I figure that'll be a pretty decent HD weapon.
If the 20 Ga. Mossberg your talking about is a Semi,..your talking about my SA-20! It's 5+1/6+1, until you add the extended tube mag, which makes it 7+1/8+1. We also got the adjustable youth to adult stock with the pistol grip...so the wife can use it...

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 10-21-2013, 05:10 AM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3733 Times on 2287 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball
If the 20 Ga. Mossberg your talking about is a Semi,..your talking about my SA-20! It's 5+1/6+1, until you add the extended tube mag, which makes it 7+1/8+1. We also got the adjustable youth to adult stock with the pistol grip...so the wife can use it...
Nope, its a pump. I was lazy before, but I just looked it up. I thought it had a different number, but it turns out its just the 500.

http://mossberg.com/product/shotguns-pump-action-500-special-purpose-500-20-gauge-6-and-8-shot/54300?u_field_prod_capacity=8@0&nodeRef=2574,2577, 2578,2881,2885&redirect=1&lastnode=1&filterNodes=2 881

Old 10-21-2013, 05:31 AM   #13

Liked 1617 Times on 945 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatmydust View Post
I remember the days when I ONLY owned 4 shotguns. I used to feel . . . unsatisfied!
Well to get picky it's 5 12 ga. I have a pretty old single shot that was Dads that does not get shot anymore as by the time I was able to save it from other family members it was in pretty rough shape. But ut was a family gun so I"ll keep it and pas it on I don't have much info on the old thing. Brand is Triumph. I'm pretty sire it was a catalog gun but I'm not sure the maker.
Add in a Stevens w/adjustable choke, Moss 835, Rem 870 and the new Mossy that's a lot of shotguns!

But you are right...It's a good problem to have and too much really is never enough

Old 10-21-2013, 08:27 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie

Well to get picky it's 5 12 ga. I have a pretty old single shot that was Dads that does not get shot anymore as by the time I was able to save it from other family members it was in pretty rough shape. But ut was a family gun so I"ll keep it and pas it on I don't have much info on the old thing. Brand is Triumph. I'm pretty sire it was a catalog gun but I'm not sure the maker.
Add in a Stevens w/adjustable choke, Moss 835, Rem 870 and the new Mossy that's a lot of shotguns!

But you are right...It's a good problem to have and too much really is never enough
I just sold my last two 870's last week,...so all I have now are Semi's: an 1100 with 2 extra tubes and a choke set, which doesn't get shot anymore either, and the Mossberg SA-20, and the Catamount Fury II,...the wife also wants the Rossi revolving .410/45LC....and if we do in fact go to Mo this coming April for the shoot,..we'll need either a change of barrels and the right choke for the SA-20, or a new gun just for targets...maybe the CZ-920.....

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 10-21-2013, 08:49 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW357

Nope, its a pump. I was lazy before, but I just looked it up. I thought it had a different number, but it turns out its just the 500.

http://mossberg.com/product/shotguns-pump-action-500-special-purpose-500-20-gauge-6-and-8-shot/54300?u_field_prod_capacity=8@0&nodeRef=2574,2577, 2578,2881,2885&redirect=1&lastnode=1&filterNodes=2 881
Cost almost as much as my Semi....mine was MSRP of $525, but I got it for right at 550 with the adjustable stock and the longer barrel(22.5")and mag. All we added so far was the sling, the ammo carrier on the stock, and a cheap light. I just got a 2x prismatic red/green dot sight for it( at $100 apiece, I bought three of them!).. Still need an enlarged charging handle, and a fast loader of some type...and maybe a forward vertical grip after I add a longer bottom rail,..

Old 10-24-2013, 11:34 PM   #16

Liked 326 Times on 195 Posts
Likes Given: 517

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatmydust View Post
I remember the days when I ONLY owned 4 shotguns. I used to feel . . . unsatisfied!
I know the feeling. I have several 12 gauges but my favorite for HD is my Stoegers Double Defense.

Old 10-25-2013, 12:28 AM   #17
deg
Lifetime Supporting Member

Liked 765 Times on 515 Posts
Likes Given: 1711

Let's not forget about the UTAS15 - I like it pretty well for HD or any other D as far as that goes.

Old 10-25-2013, 12:34 AM   #18
deg
Lifetime Supporting Member

Liked 765 Times on 515 Posts
Likes Given: 1711

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball
: an 1100 with 2 extra tubes and a choke
So what's the deal with the 1100 setup - you needing to move that one?

Old 10-25-2013, 01:26 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by deg

So what's the deal with the 1100 setup - you needing to move that one?
Wasn't planning on it. sentimental value....and as long As I have "Room" for it. Wife is starting to "get the Gist"....

Wife:"Why are we Buying another Safe again"

Me: so we don't run out of Room

Wife: "But you said we sold your Old Guns to have more space in the Safe"

Me: and now We have PLENTY of Space.....

To Be specific: I did sell off Several Older Guns We had(which included 2 Presentation edition Colts),..Primarily to raise some extra funds to put in the bank since We're Waiting for my Wife's Disability case to go through. I still have a few of the Guns I inherited from My Dad & Uncle....but the Ones I had no Sentiment attached to went Bye Bye to new owners...

Last edited by DrFootball; 10-25-2013 at 01:35 AM.

Old 10-25-2013, 01:30 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by deg
Let's not forget about the UTAS15 - I like it pretty well for HD or any other D as far as that goes.
The UTAS,...supposed to be a Better Kel-Tec then the Kel-Tec?

Newest Threads