Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Wards Hercules

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2011, 03:47 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Wards Hercules

I have this old shotgun that I am working on for a friend. It is a Wards Hercules,20ga. I have tried to find out who actually made this shotgun but not having much luck. I have had replies that it is a Iver-Johnson or A Stevens
and even a H&R Topper. None of these fit the make and thereis no model number to go by. I ordered a trigger guard and the forend, but were not the right parts. The forend was a small dove tail. The one I have is a longer snap on piece. So my question is does any one know who made these shotguns and where I might find the parts? I tried Gunparts with no luck. Jack First was no help either. All I have is the serial number to go buy.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-13-2011, 07:14 AM   #2

Liked 188 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 303

made by stevens

Old 01-17-2011, 03:20 AM   #3

mossberg or a noble ...

mossberg shipped guns to mongomery wards,

but ? so did stevens....and everyone else ... got pictures ?

Old 01-17-2011, 04:09 AM   #4

Liked 23 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Well if it's a Mongomery Wards, Wards then it was made by all of those companies at different times, kind of like the Eddystone, Winchester, Remington 1917 30-06. It really doesn't matter though, the parts are pretty much interchangable.

Edit, I just saw you are trying to figure out the model number. Post some pics and I'll help you search.

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
Thomas Jefferson
From the great speaker...er uh Barak Obongo

"Liberals make great proctologists. They're the only ones who truly know what the inside of an anus looks like."~me

Last edited by DarinCraft; 01-17-2011 at 04:11 AM.