Vintage Winchesters
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Vintage Winchesters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2013, 03:51 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 100 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Default Vintage Winchesters

These two are also part of another collection I am liquidating. Wanted to see if any of you guys could help rate the conditions of them. I know it's difficult to do so on the net with just pictures, but any help is appreciated. There are two of them.

The first is a Winchester Model 1897 12 gauge. It's definitely seen its share of usage, but the internals don't look worn all to much. The bluing has definitely faded over the years. The first picture is a full shot of the two.
The 2nd and 3rd are the model 1897. The other two are the 1912

Winchester Model 1912

I can take some better photos if need be. I just looking to rate the conditions and set a price to put it out there for sale. I appreciate any help yall can provide.

GP

A good plan executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future.
- General George Patton Jr

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-25-2013, 01:26 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 710 Times on 458 Posts
Likes Given: 227

Model 12's have fallen out of favor in the last 10 years or so. Prices and demand are not what they used to be.

Just walking on the edge of of my grave.

Old 02-25-2013, 01:57 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1156 Times on 795 Posts
Likes Given: 1169

I have 3 old Winchesters shotguns, a Model 1897 in 12 gauge, a Model 1912 Trench in 12 gauge, & a Model 37 in 410.

When all else fails.

Old 02-25-2013, 09:48 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiwall View Post
Model 12's have fallen out of favor in the last 10 years or so. Prices and demand are not what they used to be.
They still appeared to be high based on what listings I could find in classifieds, and what was on Gunbroker. Of course, I don't base all that much on gunbroker, other than a generalization of the range items could fall in.

A good plan executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future.

Old 02-26-2013, 12:26 AM   #5

Liked 710 Times on 458 Posts
Likes Given: 227

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralPatton View Post
They still appeared to be high based on what listings I could find in classifieds, and what was on Gunbroker. Of course, I don't base all that much on gunbroker, other than a generalization of the range items could fall in.
Gunbroker is a fine place to check prices but you have to only look at "completed listings". What people ask for guns means nothing, what they actually sell for means everything. With older collectable guns condition means alot. And often times slight variations in a particular model can double(or halve) the value. Many times I have heard people say "I have one just like that but mine ........". Well its not just like it then is it?

Just walking on the edge of of my grave.

Old 02-26-2013, 01:20 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiwall View Post
Gunbroker is a fine place to check prices but you have to only look at "completed listings". What people ask for guns means nothing, what they actually sell for means everything. With older collectable guns condition means alot. And often times slight variations in a particular model can double(or halve) the value. Many times I have heard people say "I have one just like that but mine ........". Well its not just like it then is it?
True that, I have heard people say that forever. And yea I know to watch completions only, people list things for stupid prices. Just like ebay. I love when people say, "well if you look on ebay it's $xxx." And then I tell them, yea, sure it's listed for that. Ever wonder why it's still there everytime you look? lol