Vintage Mossberg fans CLOSE YOUR EYES!! - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Vintage Mossberg fans CLOSE YOUR EYES!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2012, 08:16 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30-30remchester View Post
As a collector of antique guns, knives and ammo, any kind of alteration to original is akin to tattoing grandma. A hot seat in hell awaits you Im afraid. However you did a quite nice job. Not garish at all. I would be only a slight bit embarrased to hunt with her now. The desire to "redue to new" was an early caractor flaw of me as well in my youth. I cant tell you how many antique knives I destroyed by polishing then to new condition. You appear to have some talent, lets just try and channel it to a more productive path.
Special place in hell huh, lol. Brother this firearm has NO collector value. It is like 98 percent of the moisins out there. The op already wait it aw beat up and rusty. So I don't see it as an " early caractor flaw" but that is my own opinion.

Last edited by Minionsram; 01-30-2012 at 10:07 PM. Reason: Stupid phone and it's auto correct

Old 01-30-2012, 11:52 PM   #12

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minionsram View Post
Special place in hell huh, lol. Brother this firearm has NO collector value. It is like 98 percent of the moisins out there. The op already wait it aw beat up and rusty. So I don't see it as an " early caractor flaw" but that is my own opinion.
I realise these models have no true collector value but maybe an education would prevent a bad refinish on a Winchester Super Grade in the future. And because of my early abuse of historic knives I will be on the hot seat in hell waiting for fellow members with caractor flaws.

Old 01-31-2012, 03:49 AM   #13

here is one with a real synthetic stock for comparison..

Old 01-31-2012, 03:54 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30-30remchester View Post
I realise these models have no true collector value but maybe an education would prevent a bad refinish on a Winchester Super Grade in the future. And because of my early abuse of historic knives I will be on the hot seat in hell waiting for fellow members with caractor flaws.
You apparently think I am stupid person? I picked up a nice Winchester MODEL 36 in 9mm for $100 bucks today and decided it would look better to spray paint the stock and barrel neon green... (sarcasm)

The guns I have I shoot.. I use them a lot.. the Mossy was to the point where I would have almost thrown it away.. but instead hit the barrel with crushed walnut to get the rust off.. but I didn't want to re-blue a gun that is only worth $250 in UNFIRED condition.. This gun is just for blowing holes in things out in the woods and clearing out the rabbits that plague havoc in the garden.. I don't show up at rare gun shows with it and say, "hey check out my new hot rod." lol

Anyway as far as the mag problem.. I bought one of those after market replacements a few years back since I bought it with no mag.. but maybe they sent me the wrong model? Im trying to track down some pictures to compare it, since there are no ID #'s on it

Last edited by bang_bang; 01-31-2012 at 04:07 AM.

Old 01-31-2012, 04:47 AM   #15

Liked 324 Times on 217 Posts
Likes Given: 26

Well if buffing some knives gets you a ticket to Hell, why mess with this forum?
I'd be drinkin' and hanging out with strippers instead (since my "ticket" was already bought).
Live it up man, times a burnin' !

Old 01-31-2012, 06:25 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookeye View Post
Well if buffing some knives gets you a ticket to Hell, why mess with this forum?
I'd be drinkin' and hanging out with strippers instead (since my "ticket" was already bought).
Live it up man, times a burnin' !

hahah well spoken brother! I'd polish a turd if it made it look better (: