The Vang Comp Difference.

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > The Vang Comp Difference.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2012, 03:19 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 35 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 33

Default The Vang Comp Difference.

Here are a couple of patterns from my Vang Comp 500. I only had a couple priviouse patterns to compare but the difference is substantial to me. I don’t believe in limmiting myself to one ot two loads to pattern well(FliteControl). I am interested in shooting the other 99% of available ammo including my own reloaded buck.My Vang Comp barrel will be shooting tight patterns long after flightcontrol has dried up. According to Vang the porting helps reduce muzzle flash. I though this surly cant be true but on another forum a couple of us did tests and recorded some night shooting……

I does in fact reduce muzzle flash. As can be seen here

thanks Brad R

The shotgun is a Mossberg 500 Cyl bore , 20"

So the ammo is Rio aka Royal 9 pel 00 buck. This is the worst patterning buck I have ever shot , the lead is real soft, no shot cup and no buffer…..you really can’t ask for much better from barrel work. the targets are 12"x12" for both types of targets

Rule of thumb, from an unmodified barrel, is about one inch spread for every yard, or 25" at 25 yards. Vang says he tries to get 10"-12" at 25 yards

10 yards, stock barrel

VCS

15 yards, stock

VCS

20 yards, stock

VCS

Anyway if you want to depend on one type of 00 buck use flightcontrol, if you want to shoot every other type of ammo well choose Vang Comp

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here