Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Value of a Citori

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2009, 10:32 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Value of a Citori

I have a Browning Citori Lightning Grade I. I purchased the gun new in the box from someone who received it as an anniversary gift from their employer. As a result, the gun has a 1.25" medallion embedded into the side of the stock indicating 10 years of service at Flying J. For the record, Flying J is a chain of truck stops.

I don't intend to sell the gun, and have used it a few times already. I'm looking for some advice as to whether the medallion adds to or reduces the value of my gun? My best guess is that it does neither, but with the off chance that it would be a value-adder, I would probably think twice about using it anymore. I know it's a long-shot, but I'm not knowledgeable enough about guns to know if that would happen to make it a collector's item...

Any thoughts or guesses?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-11-2009, 12:29 AM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

In my opinion, the only value a medallion would add to a firearm would be to the presented. It would be a shame to let such a fine firearm collect dust. Those Brownings are some shoot'n mo fos. I'd like to own a trap grade.

I looked in the Blue Book of Gun Values and did not find any information on Citoris with medallions added to the stocks. Although, I did find used Citoris ranging from $800.00 to over $6000.00.

Old 03-11-2009, 05:08 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

I've fondled a few Citoris, but never fired one. I'd love to have one. I'll give you $350 for it.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.