Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Uts 15?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2013, 03:19 AM   #11
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5453 Times on 2846 Posts
Likes Given: 350

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyShackleford101 View Post
It seems like all the big publications are just becoming ad sources for the companies. Even if they tested the UTS and hated it, I bet they would still call it awesome, just to go with pop culture.
they arent becoming anything. the gun rags have been this way since publication day #1. if you pick up a gun rag expecting honest reviews your going to be buying an aweful lot of schlock items

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 05-06-2013, 03:25 AM   #12

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post

they arent becoming anything. the gun rags have been this way since publication day #1. if you pick up a gun rag expecting honest reviews your going to be buying an aweful lot of schlock items
Yep. Many, if not all, gun writers are simply salesmen.

Old 05-06-2013, 08:37 AM   #13
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6561 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Pulled this out of the comments section.

Quote:
FPS Russia and Hickok 45 all had problems with this gun and Hickok doesnt try to make a gun look bad, in fact a plastic piece broke off the shotgun (the barrel selector) while he was shooting it. FPS Russia went through like 3-4 of them and he wasnt doing a review either.
When THREE of the biggest gun reviewers on youtube all have problems with a gun, that's not good. Take the $1200 you'd blow on this gun and go buy a Mossberg 500, and RIA 1911, a Mosin Nagant 91/30, and about $200-$300 worth of ammo. You'd be much happier.

Old 05-11-2013, 10:53 AM   #14

Liked 80 Times on 67 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker
Pulled this out of the comments section.

When THREE of the biggest gun reviewers on youtube all have problems with a gun, that's not good. Take the $1200 you'd blow on this gun and go buy a Mossberg 500, and RIA 1911, a Mosin Nagant 91/30, and about $200-$300 worth of ammo. You'd be much happier.
Well stated.

Old 05-11-2013, 12:02 PM   #15

Liked 902 Times on 601 Posts
Likes Given: 561

I have personally shot this gun, (not mine). I think the gun comes off with a quality feel. Well built. On shooting it; it will in fact not cycle correctly if you don't give it a FULL stroke, and you have to do it like you mean it. I think this could be a problem, if used in a defense situation. I think it's bulky. I also think the gun would be WAY better in a semi-auto configuration. Being a pump doesn't really make any sense to me......

Would I buy one? No. If it were a semi? Probably not, but only because of cost issues.

Old 05-14-2013, 12:23 AM   #16

Liked 80 Times on 67 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter
I have personally shot this gun, (not mine). I think the gun comes off with a quality feel. Well built. On shooting it; it will in fact not cycle correctly if you don't give it a FULL stroke, and you have to do it like you mean it. I think this could be a problem, if used in a defense situation. I think it's bulky. I also think the gun would be WAY better in a semi-auto configuration. Being a pump doesn't really make any sense to me......

Would I buy one? No. If it were a semi? Probably not, but only because of cost issues.
Did you have any problems with the pretty liberal amount of plastic on the gun?

Old 05-14-2013, 07:23 AM   #17
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1537 Times on 939 Posts
Likes Given: 7815

A couple of weeks back I went to visit a fellow gun nut in PA who bought one of these "things". After firing about 25 rounds through it, I was not impressed. It felt cheap, was hard to cycle even with a vertical fore grip, and just didn't feel right in my hands. I told my friend what I thought of his new toy, and told him I myself would sell it and buy a 500 and an 870 instead. He loves it, I wouldn't take one as a gift. The model 500 bullpup was better made than the UTS 15 IMO.

Just MHO, YMMV.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

Old 05-14-2013, 10:08 AM   #18

Liked 902 Times on 601 Posts
Likes Given: 561

Quote:
Did you have any problems with the pretty liberal amount of plastic on the gun?
No, not really. It didn't feel cheap to me. A gun like this, if it had any amount of metal on it, it would weigh a ton. My opinion is as long as the gun was designed this way, not an issue. If a manufacturer starts replacing metal parts on an existing gun with plastic, to cheapen it, that's where I have a problem.....
I do agree with Kfox75 about cycling it. I didn't have THAT much trouble, and I bet it could be overcome with training, but, still. I'd rather see it as a semi.