Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Shotgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f26/)
-   -   Uts 15? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f26/uts-15-a-89516/)

RustyShackleford101 04-24-2013 11:41 PM

Uts 15?

I've heard about this gun and thought it would be kind of cool, until I saw this.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=GrCBTU89kBM&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DGrC BTU89kBM

I definitely trust Nutnfancy and his reviews, but I was just wondering if any of you insightful people have had experience( good or bad) with the UTAS UTS 15.

4thPointOfContact 04-29-2013 02:58 AM

We had one transferred through the LGS last week. Not nearly as heavy as it appears in photos, which may not be a good thing. The purchaser didn't do any shooting but I'm hoping to hear from him if he didn't get it as a safe queen.

Examination points to it being slower and more awkward to load than a KSG and the KSG is probably slower to load than the original Neostead.

That video gives me pause, that's NOT what I expect of a shotgun made for serious social use. There's a possibility that it was just a fluke that got through QC, but right now I'd reluctantly hold off on getting one unless it was for a 'gotta have one of everything' collection.

RustyShackleford101 05-03-2013 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4thPointOfContact
We had one transferred through the LGS last week. Not nearly as heavy as it appears in photos, which may not be a good thing. The purchaser didn't do any shooting but I'm hoping to hear from him if he didn't get it as a safe queen.

Examination points to it being slower and more awkward to load than a KSG and the KSG is probably slower to load than the original Neostead.

That video gives me pause, that's NOT what I expect of a shotgun made for serious social use. There's a possibility that it was just a fluke that got through QC, but right now I'd reluctantly hold off on getting one unless it was for a 'gotta have one of everything' collection.

Yeah, it really baffled me that every review I've read in the magazines is glowing! It's like what he was talking about, the gun rags are kind of like one big advertisement. I'm gonna stay away from the UTS and hope they get their shi!t together.

RustyShackleford101 05-03-2013 02:07 AM

I was laughing for most of the review.

JonM 05-05-2013 02:50 PM

nutnfancy comes across as a whiny little brat but he is generally fair in his reviews.

ive seen a couple of other similar reports of those same issues. the ones that seem to give the uts a good review didnt do much or any shooting with one.

nixfix 05-05-2013 11:35 PM

There is a recent YouTube episode by FPSRussia about the UTS. Of the three (!) he has, two break within short order.

RustyShackleford101 05-05-2013 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM
nutnfancy comes across as a whiny little brat but he is generally fair in his reviews.

ive seen a couple of other similar reports of those same issues. the ones that seem to give the uts a good review didnt do much or any shooting with one.

It seems like all the big publications are just becoming ad sources for the companies. Even if they tested the UTS and hated it, I bet they would still call it awesome, just to go with pop culture.

HockaLouis 05-06-2013 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford101 (Post 1234836)
Yeah, it really baffled me that every review I've read in the magazines is glowing!

What do they ever knock? They're never even a poop sandwich - crud surrounded by something good to say!

RustyShackleford101 05-06-2013 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HockaLouis

What do they ever knock? They're never even a poop sandwich - crud surrounded by something good to say!

The "experts" try to pass off serious design flaws as "things to get used to". Yeah, the gun jams every other shot and the cheap plastic will break easily, but if you train enough, you'll figure it out.

trip286 05-06-2013 03:05 AM

On gun rag articles...
Y'all know who's paying their bills, right? I'll give you a hint: it ain't the average subscriber.

Really, when's the last time you read a bad review?