Update/cause for the Specops Gen2 stock problems.

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Update/cause for the Specops Gen2 stock problems.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2012, 03:13 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 35 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 59

Default Update/cause for the Specops Gen2 stock problems.

It seems the problem is not with the stocks, their design, or strength but more to do with the way someone decided to change making them without being instructed to. From what I can gather machinery has been used somewhere in the construction where it was supposed to be done by hand causing a weakness which presents itself on firing.

None of this was official so please don’t quote me or Blackhawk but as far as can be gathered the item required careful torque applying by hand and not winding up with a machine so presumably something threaded was damaged. This obviously being in the grip area so to do with that main spring and the heavy tension its under.

Anyway I'm very impressed with the advice and help I've had from them so far so a big thumbs up in that department.

They are not saying by any means that all Mossberg stocks sold are affected but to be safe are taking them all back.

I guess someone(s) in the construction process now have rather sore behinds!.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-02-2012, 03:23 PM   #2

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Maybe there's a new job opening! Where do I apply?

Old 02-02-2012, 04:00 PM   #3

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Maybe there's a new job opening! Where do I apply?
I second where can I sign up??

Remington 870 12 Ga. Supermag
Springfield XDS .45acp

Old 02-02-2012, 10:55 PM   #4

Liked 35 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 59

As I say don’t quote that anyone as I cant actually see what could have been over torqued in there... so that may well just have been "her way of putting it", like there could be something else that was cocked up, just something more difficult to describe. I don’t know. It will be interesting to make some comparisons when the new one arrives.