Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > unused guns

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2008, 05:04 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default unused guns

man o man
i have seen many posts about all kinds of stuff here
the 1 thing that gets me is ppl defending there SG when they only put 100 rnds through it lol
100 RNDS
i do that in a day of shooting
i dont know how u all feel but a SG dus not come into realization until it has 5000 r so rounds through it u cant tell how a gun is going 2 b if u just touched it off a few times so plz ?!?!?!
Let me here wat u all have 2 say!!!!!!!!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-13-2008, 01:35 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 2278 Times on 1194 Posts
Likes Given: 160

That is a very common issue with people. Get the coolest gun they can and shoot it a couple of times. Guns are tools. They are meant to be used. Does a scandium anvil make a man a Blacksmith? Does a $3000 quad core, Pentium 12 computer make a man a "Gamer". Of course not. Practice. Use the tool til you have worn it out. Rebuild it or get another and use the heck out of it until you are one with the tool. Our society is so wrapped up in having the coolest stuff that we have lost our ability to "do" anything well.

Beware the man who has but one gun, for he knows how to use it.

Old 03-13-2008, 01:37 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Gnoll, I have no idea what you just said.

Old 03-13-2008, 04:32 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnoll View Post
100 RNDS
i do that in a day of shooting
Takes me about 30 minutes.

I am with MattG, what are you trying to say?

Old 03-13-2008, 06:08 PM   #5

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I'm a little cloudy as to what he was trying to say as well, but I think I understand. 100 rounds does seem like a low number to determine if you like a weapon or not. When I go to the shooting range, I take at least 100 rounds for each weapon, and I take 3-4 weapons and that's for an hour of range time. Now, I don't always shoot 400 rounds in an hour, but I may decide to stay another hour.

Old 03-14-2008, 02:47 AM   #6

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I usually shoot once a week, most of the time I take several Rifles with me and will put a minium of 100 to 200 rounds thru each gun before I leave, this is not counting the sporting clays I usually shoot on sunday evening with shotguns which you need at least a 125 shells for one course.

Last edited by Righteous; 03-14-2008 at 02:50 AM.

Old 03-14-2008, 03:05 AM   #7

ok well what i meant to get across is the fact people dont even use there weapons and suddenly have an opinion about that weapon!!!
And that they come here uniformed to get informed and argue about what gun is better , and fight there course with out a proper knolage of the weapon!
ok here is my story I hated the AK since it was the enemy's weapon , i loved
the M16 , (and trash talked the AK)
well my friend bought a AK i shot it WOW now i own 2 AK's,RPG,saga 12 semi auto shotty(sorry for my spelling)
Now both guns are great weapons with different pros and cons but neither end up being better than one another just a different feel and compfert to my shoulder

Old 03-14-2008, 01:40 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnoll View Post
ok well what i meant to get across is the fact people dont even use there weapons and suddenly have an opinion about that weapon!!!
And that they come here uniformed to get informed and argue about what gun is better , and fight there course with out a proper knolage of the weapon!
ok here is my story I hated the AK since it was the enemy's weapon , i loved
the M16 , (and trash talked the AK)
well my friend bought a AK i shot it WOW now i own 2 AK's,RPG,saga 12 semi auto shotty(sorry for my spelling)
Now both guns are great weapons with different pros and cons but neither end up being better than one another just a different feel and compfert to my shoulder
It's the internet. Everyone is an expert here.

Old 03-15-2008, 06:35 AM   #9

lol i think thats the problem

Old 03-16-2008, 01:19 AM   #10

I remembers shooting a buddy's Glock. I could not stand it. The grip felt wrong and it was ugly as sin.

Now I own 3 and a G19 is my primary and best shooter for me. I agree that 100 rounds is not enough to decide.