Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Shotgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f26/)
-   -   unused guns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f26/unused-guns-3697/)

gnoll 03-13-2008 05:04 AM

unused guns

man o man
i have seen many posts about all kinds of stuff here
the 1 thing that gets me is ppl defending there SG when they only put 100 rnds through it lol
100 RNDS
i do that in a day of shooting
i dont know how u all feel but a SG dus not come into realization until it has 5000 r so rounds through it u cant tell how a gun is going 2 b if u just touched it off a few times so plz ?!?!?!
Let me here wat u all have 2 say!!!!!!!!:confused:

robocop10mm 03-13-2008 01:35 PM

That is a very common issue with people. Get the coolest gun they can and shoot it a couple of times. Guns are tools. They are meant to be used. Does a scandium anvil make a man a Blacksmith? Does a $3000 quad core, Pentium 12 computer make a man a "Gamer". Of course not. Practice. Use the tool til you have worn it out. Rebuild it or get another and use the heck out of it until you are one with the tool. Our society is so wrapped up in having the coolest stuff that we have lost our ability to "do" anything well.

Beware the man who has but one gun, for he knows how to use it.

matt g 03-13-2008 01:37 PM

Gnoll, I have no idea what you just said.

Doug1627 03-13-2008 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gnoll (Post 18974)
100 RNDS
i do that in a day of shooting

Takes me about 30 minutes.:D

I am with MattG, what are you trying to say?

fapprez 03-13-2008 06:08 PM

I'm a little cloudy as to what he was trying to say as well, but I think I understand. 100 rounds does seem like a low number to determine if you like a weapon or not. When I go to the shooting range, I take at least 100 rounds for each weapon, and I take 3-4 weapons and that's for an hour of range time. Now, I don't always shoot 400 rounds in an hour, but I may decide to stay another hour.

Righteous 03-14-2008 02:47 AM

I usually shoot once a week, most of the time I take several Rifles with me and will put a minium of 100 to 200 rounds thru each gun before I leave, this is not counting the sporting clays I usually shoot on sunday evening with shotguns which you need at least a 125 shells for one course.

gnoll 03-14-2008 03:05 AM

ok well what i meant to get across is the fact people dont even use there weapons and suddenly have an opinion about that weapon!!!
And that they come here uniformed to get informed and argue about what gun is better , and fight there course with out a proper knolage of the weapon!
ok here is my story I hated the AK since it was the enemy's weapon , i loved
the M16 , (and trash talked the AK)
well my friend bought a AK i shot it WOW now i own 2 AK's,RPG,saga 12 semi auto shotty(sorry for my spelling)
Now both guns are great weapons with different pros and cons but neither end up being better than one another just a different feel and compfert to my shoulder

matt g 03-14-2008 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gnoll (Post 19082)
ok well what i meant to get across is the fact people dont even use there weapons and suddenly have an opinion about that weapon!!!
And that they come here uniformed to get informed and argue about what gun is better , and fight there course with out a proper knolage of the weapon!
ok here is my story I hated the AK since it was the enemy's weapon , i loved
the M16 , (and trash talked the AK)
well my friend bought a AK i shot it WOW now i own 2 AK's,RPG,saga 12 semi auto shotty(sorry for my spelling)
Now both guns are great weapons with different pros and cons but neither end up being better than one another just a different feel and compfert to my shoulder

It's the internet. Everyone is an expert here.

gnoll 03-15-2008 06:35 AM

lol i think thats the problem

Landor 03-16-2008 01:19 AM

I remembers shooting a buddy's Glock. I could not stand it. The grip felt wrong and it was ugly as sin.

Now I own 3 and a G19 is my primary and best shooter for me. I agree that 100 rounds is not enough to decide.