Unconventional Shotgun Cleaning Method
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Unconventional Shotgun Cleaning Method

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2009, 04:06 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1102 Times on 677 Posts
Likes Given: 2389

Default Unconventional Shotgun Cleaning Method

Unconventional Shotgun Cleaning Method

This is a very good idea and I intend to try it my self the next time I go shooting. I <3 Box O' Truth!

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-16-2009, 04:45 AM   #2

Not bad. Ill just use my hoppe's cleaning supplies and cloths.

S.S.

Old 08-16-2009, 04:49 AM   #3

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Great idea and also works for sucking chest wounds!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 08-16-2009, 04:57 AM   #4

This just tickled me. I cant wait to see what my wife says when I tell her im out of my female hygene product and need to go get some more

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Old 08-16-2009, 01:40 PM   #5

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Used that method in the field boys when in the military. It works, and the cleaning supplies were always readily available in remote places. Maxi-pads work too, you just have to cut them up. I still use this method once in a while. Had a bunch left over when the wife had her hysterectomy. Thought you guys knew this already or I would have posted long ago. Thanks BigByrd47119 for this great inexpensive shotgun cleaning method reminder.

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 08-16-2009, 02:04 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

bigbyrd, thanks for the post. You've added some good stuff here recently but please don't ever say, I <3 something again...

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 08-16-2009, 04:48 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
bigbyrd, thanks for the post. You've added some good stuff here recently but please don't ever say, I <3 something again...
LOL. Ill make it a point to avoid this in the future.

---Ron Paul

---Tom Braun

Old 08-28-2009, 12:20 PM   #8

Default the real way to clean your shotgun

I purchased this cleaning rod called kustomcare cleaning rod through the website also called kustomcare.com and it was fantastic. You don't have to buy a rod for each shotgun and it was so easy to use with no mess my wife couldn't even complain about me leaving the mess other then leaving the rod for her to put away. If you are as frustrated as I was about having different rods for differnt shotguns then you might wanna check this out. Another point is that it is made here in the U.S. I've never seen one like it before anywhere. I have a benelli ultralight and I use a remington 1100 and all my boys used the 410. This rod cleaned them all. I even had my wife who is not savvy about any guns clean one fo the shotguns and she was able to do it real easy. she made the comment, don't think I'm doing this too. I don't mind cleaning them myself at all. I don't talk about products but this one deserves it

Old 08-30-2009, 02:10 PM   #9

I've been using Tampax Super's for about 5 years now.

I got the tip from one of the hunting forums.

Certified Glock, SIG, Beretta, S&W, Rem870 Armourer.

IDPA SOI, IPSC RO.

Stercus Accidit - Sh*t Happens in Latin.