Firearm & Gun Forum -

Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   General Shotgun Discussion (
-   -   Unconventional Shotgun Cleaning Method (

BigByrd47119 08-16-2009 04:06 AM

Unconventional Shotgun Cleaning Method
Unconventional Shotgun Cleaning Method

This is a very good idea and I intend to try it my self the next time I go shooting. I <3 Box O' Truth!

Shotgun Shooter 08-16-2009 04:45 AM

Not bad. Ill just use my hoppe's cleaning supplies and cloths. :)

canebrake 08-16-2009 04:49 AM

Great idea and also works for sucking chest wounds!

BigByrd47119 08-16-2009 04:57 AM

This just tickled me. I cant wait to see what my wife says when I tell her im out of my female hygene product and need to go get some more ;)

IGETEVEN 08-16-2009 01:40 PM

Used that method in the field boys when in the military. It works, and the cleaning supplies were always readily available in remote places. Maxi-pads work too, you just have to cut them up. I still use this method once in a while. Had a bunch left over when the wife had her hysterectomy. Thought you guys knew this already or I would have posted long ago. Thanks BigByrd47119 for this great inexpensive shotgun cleaning method reminder. :)

spittinfire 08-16-2009 02:04 PM

bigbyrd, thanks for the post. You've added some good stuff here recently but please don't ever say, I <3 something again...

BigByrd47119 08-16-2009 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by spittinfire (Post 145418)
bigbyrd, thanks for the post. You've added some good stuff here recently but please don't ever say, I <3 something again...

LOL. Ill make it a point to avoid this in the future. :p

shooting4fun 08-28-2009 12:20 PM

the real way to clean your shotgun
I purchased this cleaning rod called kustomcare cleaning rod through the website also called and it was fantastic. You don't have to buy a rod for each shotgun and it was so easy to use with no mess my wife couldn't even complain about me leaving the mess other then leaving the rod for her to put away. If you are as frustrated as I was about having different rods for differnt shotguns then you might wanna check this out. Another point is that it is made here in the U.S. I've never seen one like it before anywhere. I have a benelli ultralight and I use a remington 1100 and all my boys used the 410. This rod cleaned them all. I even had my wife who is not savvy about any guns clean one fo the shotguns and she was able to do it real easy. she made the comment, don't think I'm doing this too. I don't mind cleaning them myself at all. I don't talk about products but this one deserves it

RePete 08-30-2009 02:10 PM

I've been using Tampax Super's for about 5 years now.

I got the tip from one of the hunting forums.