Trying to decide on a new shotgun for home defense - Page 5
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion >

Trying to decide on a new shotgun for home defense

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2012, 09:16 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 29 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 46

Well, I ended up getting a Remington 870 Express Tactical and so far everything is going well with it. The action is smooth, the finish while thin is evenly applied, and there were few to no tool marks inside the receiver and the inner action. So far I'm loving it, but I do have one problem that maybe you guys could help me with. The "tacticool breeching" choke seems to come loose after some light firing and I also notice the barrel clamp coming loose which made the magazine tube come loose after my trip to the range. My understanding is that all of this can be fixed with some blue Loctite, but I'm not familiar with the entire process. Could anybody tell me what type of blue Loctite I need to get (strength, etc.) and also the proper way to apply it so that the parts won't come loose but still allow for me to loosen them later on? I would greatly appreciate any advice given. ^_^