truglo style "bead" sights.

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > truglo style "bead" sights.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2012, 04:54 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default truglo style "bead" sights.

I own a Remington 870 tactical shotgun. And after doing all the Magpul upgrades I'm looking to put on some a greater sites. Never having do it I'm curious how hard are installations of of Some of the fiber optic / tritium Sites. I seen a lot did seem to be self adhesive which really sounds odd to me.

So I'm curious who has what and what works the best

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-12-2012, 05:14 AM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

You should go with ati's halo heat sheald it comes with some sick sights on it great for home defense

Old 09-12-2012, 12:41 PM   #3

Liked 35 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 59

What type barrel, vent ribbed?. I've bought the Trijicon Trijidot sight from Brownells for my 870's rib, uses four clamping set screws backed up with rare earth magnets. Solid looking unit.

Quite expensive for what it is, but better than the sticky tape style ones for sure.

Old 09-14-2012, 04:03 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynFaTs View Post
You should go with ati's halo heat sheald it comes with some sick sights on it great for home defense
hmmm, ive heard that the heat shields dont work with my magpul forend. . but i like that idean none the less... thanks

Old 09-14-2012, 04:04 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemFire View Post
What type barrel, vent ribbed?. I've bought the Trijicon Trijidot sight from Brownells for my 870's rib, uses four clamping set screws backed up with rare earth magnets. Solid looking unit.

Quite expensive for what it is, but better than the sticky tape style ones for sure.
no its a tactical barrel, has NO RIB.... just plain rounded barrel.

Old 09-14-2012, 03:22 PM   #6

Liked 134 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 43

If your 870 is for home defense the screw on beads from Brownells will work. They don't last long in the woods. Most of the time a few encounters with really thick brush pop the fiber optic material out of the bead.

Old 09-14-2012, 10:17 PM   #7

Liked 35 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 33

Here is an alternative, Meprolight tritium. The threads never line up right so you will need a spacer of some sort. This one has a very small o-ring under it. I also used some blue lock tight and it is solid as a rock .