Tristar O/U
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Tristar O/U

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2009, 12:21 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Tristar O/U

so I have the chance to pick up a used TriStar over under. What is everyones opinion on this weapon? i will use it for pheasent hunting and also some time at the range shooting clay pigions. It seems to be a ok gun, I know that there are many more high dollar o/u out there but I do not have that kind of money for say a Ruger Red Label o/u, plus why would would I want to beat around a high dollar gun in the field!!
Just looking for your thoughts on this gun!! I currently use a 11-87 as my bird gun and this will replace it. thanks in advance!!
The TriStar is only a year old with about 400-500 of trap rounds shot through it.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-16-2009, 01:04 PM   #2

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Of what I've seen, most of the info I've seen/heard about them are good. There was the 1 that blew while using reloads on an acquaintance of mine however. I would say buy it if it has a good price.

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!

Old 06-16-2009, 06:48 PM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

A local guide here has couple of them 28 & 16 gauge I beleive. He said the fit and finish is not up to par with the higher priced O/Us. But a gun well worth the value. He shoots some, but not near what his clients do. He does have a nice collection of firearms and is proud to own a couple of Tristars.

Old 06-19-2009, 07:36 PM   #4

Thanks for the replys guys!!! I was beginning to think that I havd asked a bad question!!! I beleive that i will go for it. i knew that the overall fit and finsh are not all that great, but it will be used probably 40-50 times a year fro hunting birds in all types of weather and so forth. I was just wanting to make sure that they held up for people!! Again thanks!!!

Old 02-01-2014, 05:07 PM   #5

Default Tristar O/U

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawiski900 View Post
so I have the chance to pick up a used TriStar over under. What is everyones opinion on this weapon? i will use it for pheasent hunting and also some time at the range shooting clay pigions. It seems to be a ok gun, I know that there are many more high dollar o/u out there but I do not have that kind of money for say a Ruger Red Label o/u, plus why would would I want to beat around a high dollar gun in the field!!

Just looking for your thoughts on this gun!! I currently use a 11-87 as my bird gun and this will replace it. thanks in advance!!

The TriStar is only a year old with about 400-500 of trap rounds shot through it.

Bought a 20 gauge a couple years ago for my son. Inexpensive 350-500 at that time. Haven't dumped a ton of rounds through it but it has held up well through tow seasons of pheasant hunting. Nice looking, light weight, and has already brought down a couple dozen pheasants. I'm shooting a CZ Redhead O/U 12 gauge currently. The smaller gun is light and easy to carry. No hiccups to date.
Good luck whatever your choice.

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

Old 02-05-2014, 12:18 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1587 Times on 1084 Posts
Likes Given: 548

I was considering a tristar for a beater gun. I called to see if chokes were available, the tristar rep said if we have them in stock. I changed my mind real quick. I have no use for a gun that getting a set of chokes could be a challenge.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 02-05-2014, 01:01 AM   #7

They come with 3 chokes, ic, m, full. I'm pretty sure the chokes are either beretta or benelli and can be picked up pretty easily. Have an o/u CZ redhead and it has the same chokes as well.

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk
Tuckr2 - Ken