trigger lock for 870 w/ pistol grip

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > trigger lock for 870 w/ pistol grip

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2014, 01:25 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default trigger lock for 870 w/ pistol grip

Hello all

Recently bought a Remington 870 and just added the House Tamer pistol grip. Problem is, my trigger lock no longer fits. I am sure I am not the first to run into this, but can't find any info on a replacement lock that will work. Any suggestions?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-09-2014, 05:46 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2743 Times on 1437 Posts
Likes Given: 231

Why do you need to lock the trigger? Perhaps to lock it when you are not at home?

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 03-09-2014, 06:51 AM   #3
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1579 Times on 966 Posts
Likes Given: 8185

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatwood View Post
Hello all

Recently bought a Remington 870 and just added the House Tamer pistol grip. Problem is, my trigger lock no longer fits. I am sure I am not the first to run into this, but can't find any info on a replacement lock that will work. Any suggestions?
How old is your 870? Not sure on the year, nut I picked up mine in early 2005, and it has a built in trigger lock. If you look at the left hand side of the trigger guard you should see a funny shaped hoke in that side of the safety button and 2 dots on the guard it's self. To use it you push the safety to safe, insert the key, and turn the button until the line is lined up with the white dot. To unlock it you follow the same procedure and align thr line with the red dot. Your key should be a funny looking green tuse thatr came with your shotgun.

You will also find instructions on the above in your owner's manual. If you picked up the shotgun used, one can be downloaded at Remington's website.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

Old 03-09-2014, 10:41 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
Why do you need to lock the trigger? Perhaps to lock it when you are not at home?
Exactly. I have two kids, both teens and really good kids, but even the best kids can do stupid things at times.

The lock that came with the gun worked great with the standard stock, but does not fit now

Old 03-09-2014, 11:02 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1203 Times on 672 Posts
Likes Given: 500

Default Trigger lock won't work...

then you may need one of these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-of-5-NEW-Project-Child-Safe-Gun-Cable-Lock-Pistols-Rifles-Shotguns-/310876271319?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4861ab 72d7

Open the bolt, run one end through and out the bottom of the receiver, pally locking mechanism. Available at such places as Walmart, etc.

Old 03-13-2014, 10:35 AM   #6

I use these, and they work with my Choate PG stock.

http://www.masterlock.com/products/product_details/90DSPT

Certified Glock, SIG, Beretta, S&W, Rem870 Armourer.

IDPA SOI, IPSC RO.

Stercus Accidit - Sh*t Happens in Latin.