Total Impulse Buy
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Total Impulse Buy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2011, 11:18 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Tiny 20GA - Total Impulse Buy

Ok, I was in my buddy's gun shop; you know just shooting the sh*t. He brought me into the back to show off his new-to-him Smith and Wesson model 29. Its a beautiful gun with a tappered barrel with a gold-bead front sight. I am truly jealous.

Anyways, while back there I saw a little pistol grip shotgun. Its a single shot 3" 20 GA. He said one of his employee bought it used while he was out. He did not even know if he could sell it legally because it is so short. So we measured it and the barrel is 20" and the OAL is 27.1". This think just looked like too much fun so I asked how much. He just asked for $70 for it and now its mine. He even threw in a couple boxes of some buckshot shells.

It has a smooth barrel with a gold bead and says "American Arms NKC, MO" on the left side of the hex chamber, "20GA" on top of the chamber, and the right side of the chamber says "3 inch Made in Italy". That's all the markings on the gun. Now I know a lot about handguns, a little about rifles and very little about shotguns. So any information about this little gun would be appreciated.

The only 357 magnum to me is the Ruger Security Six!!

Last edited by mesinge2; 04-29-2011 at 11:45 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-29-2011, 11:52 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 32 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 30

Very nice! You got a deal!

Old 04-30-2011, 12:05 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Any firearm for seventy bucks is a great deal! Sorry, I don't have any info on it.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 04-30-2011, 12:33 AM   #4

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I am going to blast away with it on Tuesday. This little thing just looks like fun.

I figured it out

American Arms, based in North Kansas City, Missouri, was specialized in importing shotguns from Italy and Spain.
It was made by Franchi Arms plant in the town of Brescia; located in northern Italy.

The only 357 magnum to me is the Ruger Security Six!!

Last edited by mesinge2; 04-30-2011 at 01:12 AM.