Top folding stock
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Top folding stock

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2009, 07:23 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 78 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 84

Default Top folding stock

i want to buy a ATI top folding stock for my moss 590, i was wondering if any one has ever used one and if so how bad was recoil. haveing no recoil pad on the plain metal end would make heavy loads hurt like hell. i mostly shoot 3in mag heavyloads, if there is any kinda pad for it i would like to know.thx

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-26-2009, 04:27 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Don't Pachmyer Decelerators come in universal? Couldn't you take the old one off of your existing stock and use some sort of industrial adhesive to glue it to your top folder?

If you absolutely need a pad and want a "tactical" stock, you might want to take a look at their PART# MRW4100.

Rifle Stocks and other Gunstocks for AK, AR, SKS and more - Advanced Technology International USA

I've also never heard anything but good about Blackhawk's recoil supressing stock design. They're available in top folding or M4 style telescoping

SpecOps Folder Shotgun Stock - BLACKHAWK!
SpecOps Adjustable Shotgun Stock - BLACKHAWK!

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 05-26-2009, 11:40 PM   #3

I've got one on my 500, and while I normally shoot 2 3/4, Ive never had a problem with recoil, but I'm a pretty big guy too(6'3", 210 lbs.). But I normally don't shoot with the stock out, either off the hip or one-handed.

"Breathe when you can, shoot when you should."
-Rob Leatham

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem"

Old 05-27-2009, 06:40 AM   #4

Liked 78 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 84

sweet thx.........

Old 05-28-2009, 04:03 AM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt g View Post
I've also never heard anything but good about Blackhawk's recoil supressing stock design. They're available in top folding or M4 style telescoping
Just got a Blackhawk telescoping w/ recoil supressing stock. Haven't had a chance to take it to the range, but it feels sturdy and fit perfect on my 590.