Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Shotgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f26/)
-   -   Taking the Plunge (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f26/taking-plunge-13714/)

falseharmonix 05-09-2009 09:10 PM

Taking the Plunge

Paid for a Mossy 590a1 today....

who's super excited for Monday?!?!?!

canebrake 05-09-2009 09:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This one?

Attachment 3111

Nice,.............range report?

Samples.32 05-09-2009 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canebrake (Post 104329)

Canebrake: The range report nazi.

falseharmonix 05-09-2009 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canebrake (Post 104329)
This one?

Attachment 3111

Yup, that's the one. I'm going to have a smith put some ghost rings on it. The place I got it from checked with Mossberg to see when an A1 variant would be available with ghost rings, and Mossberg said they couldn't give a time. So I figured it would be faster to just remove the bead and get some ghost rings on it.

I suppose I'll add some more tacti-coolness to it later on. Can't wait to get it to the range. I will certainly post some pics when I get a chance to go.

canebrake 05-09-2009 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samples.32 (Post 104335)
Canebrake: The range report nazi.

Now...now......I know for a fact that you too like eye candy!!

canebrake 05-09-2009 09:40 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Plenty to do!

Attachment 3112

Attachment 3113

falseharmonix 05-17-2009 04:02 PM

RE: Range Report

Well, my report is less than stellar so I figured I'd just bump this thread instead of wasting space with a new one....

Went to the range yesterday with my boss. We both brought our pistols (his is a S&W M&P .40, and my G19). We put about 400 rounds combined down range. We had to leave the shotty at the counter because the shotgun lane was currently occupied.

After that we grabbed the shotty and got ready to fire. As this was my new toy I went first. Put the target down at about 20 yds. As I said before the gun came with the bead sight. The range isn't lit the best, so I had quite a bit of difficulty feeling confident where my site was.

Scarred the crap out of the paper with the first 3 rounds, and then nailed the plastic t-bar with the 4th round. Finished off the last round, let my boss fire a couple, and then I fired the remaining shells I had. Only put 10 rounds down total and called it quits (after feeling more than a little frustrated and defeated).

Its obviously been a while since I've fired a shotty, as my shoulder has a little pretty color to it and is a little tender this morning. I knew I wanted different sights on it, might just skip to the chase and get a red-dot. I sure hope it was a combination of poor lighting and the bead that made me so crappy :confused: :(:o

falseharmonix 06-01-2009 03:07 PM

Tomorrow my picatinny rail comes in the mail. I feel like a kid waiting for Santa....

I've got the Knoxx stock on it, and my red-dot is just waiting for the rail.

I will post some pix as soon as everything is setup.

After this, I'm thinking about a flashlight for those bumps in the night. I also would like a shell holder on the receiver as well. I should probably call it quits after that, or I'll be called an armchair rambo if I ever should be forced to defend myself.

GHOSTSSX 06-02-2009 04:23 AM

I got to look at a 590 a couple of days ago.....it it really worth the extra $$$ over a 500?

CHUCK

falseharmonix 06-02-2009 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GHOSTSSX (Post 111993)
I got to look at a 590 a couple of days ago.....it it really worth the extra $$$ over a 500?

CHUCK

Having never owned a 500, I don't know.

Mostly mine was just a decision on how it felt VS Remmy 870, and availability in my area. Feel in my hands is more important than a price tag.