Take a peek at this....
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Take a peek at this....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2013, 01:46 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 100 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Default Take a peek at this....

So, apparently it's my week to fall into gun collections I can't afford that folks are looking to sell. I thought you guys might appreciate a bit of eye candy. I have done no real research on these yet, but I've been asked to liquidate them as I did the last 12 I listed for sale. This thing is beautiful. I'd be a little tentative about shooting it though, a 10 gauge and my surgically repaired shoulder may not get along well with one another...... The engraving work is well done to, they even engraved the screws.

A good plan executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future.
- General George Patton Jr

CA357 Likes This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-25-2013, 01:50 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2391 Times on 1488 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Beautiful. Bet she kicks like a draft horse.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 02-25-2013, 03:27 AM   #3

So I did some quick searches on it and found most of the info readily available.
It's a Zabala HNOS SRC EIBAR manufactured gun. Zabala made them for several other name brands, this one in particular was done for Richland Arms Co. It appears that it's difficult to date them, and I've only found reference to the date based on it being a 10 gauge model. They were made for Richland in the 10 between 1963-1985. Based on all the other guns that have come from this owner, I'd have to lean towards this being from the 1960's. I've read that you can email the company that now owns Zabala and sometimes they have the old information about individual pieces. Guess I'll give that a try tomorrow.

A good plan executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future.

Old 02-25-2013, 02:17 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1279 Times on 870 Posts
Likes Given: 1318

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralPatton View Post
So, apparently it's my week to fall into gun collections I can't afford that folks are looking to sell. I thought you guys might appreciate a bit of eye candy. I have done no real research on these yet, but I've been asked to liquidate them as I did the last 12 I listed for sale. This thing is beautiful. I'd be a little tentative about shooting it though, a 10 gauge and my surgically repaired shoulder may not get along well with one another...... The engraving work is well done to, they even engraved the screws.

When I first saw it I was going to say Purdey, I would never have guessed Zabala, that is a good looking old SXS..................

When all else fails.

Old 02-25-2013, 09:46 PM   #5

It's in amazingly good shape, with the exception of one small spot of ruse on the side of one of the barrels. smaller than a dime and not deep. Honestly, I don't think I could man up and shoot this unless I absolutely had to. My old and busted ass shoulder just won't take what it used to.

Old 02-26-2013, 11:03 AM   #6

Liked 146 Times on 113 Posts

I had one. Believe it was the 711 model. I don't think mine had that much engraving on it, but the receiver was silver. Also had an AYA Matador in 10 gauge, an Ithaca Mag 10, and three 10 gauge BPSs. I went to the BPSs because they were lighter, and the last one of those I machined down even more. But I liked the Richland, except for the weight. Well made gun. I could easily see why Francis Sell lauded the 20 gauge 747 Richland Models he developed his goose loads for. Always liked the little cheekpiece on those guns.

What could have happened... did.