Tacticle Semi - Autos - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Tacticle Semi - Autos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2009, 10:27 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Pierce County PD ( and their multiple city SWAT detachment ) tried the Benelli and didn't like it. They ended up selling them off and going with tactical 1100's.
LAPD SWAT is LOVING their Benelli's, and swear by them. They're not getting rid of them any time soon.

But I'm sure Pierce County SWAT is the more elite unit, so what does LAPD SWAT know?!

Old 08-12-2009, 01:28 PM   #22

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

My gun dealer and I are looking at working out a trade. I have a very clean sporterized Mac-90 with low number of rounds thru it. To trade on a new CZ 712 Utility 20" barrel semi-auto. I think, the dealer would be getting a great deal straight across. What do you folks think. FYI, I think you can pick up the CZ 712's for $425.00.

Old 08-12-2009, 04:17 PM   #23

Liked 39 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Yes, go for it! it's a ok if the 712 is brand new...
Brand NEW CZ 712 for $390 with S&H included.... (maybe add the cost of the transfer and will reach the $425 tag)

“You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that, my dear friend, is the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Dr. Adrian Rogers”

TELL CHAVEZ NOW! CLICK HERE

Old 08-12-2009, 04:27 PM   #24

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defender View Post
LAPD SWAT is LOVING their Benelli's, and swear by them. They're not getting rid of them any time soon.

But I'm sure Pierce County SWAT is the more elite unit, so what does LAPD SWAT know?!
Uh, one - where's your source??

And two - I didn't say they were better, I said they tried them and didn't like the Benelli's because the low power rounds used for door breaching wouldn't cycle the weapon. And anyone in the industry knows that is the case.

But I appreciate you being a complete ass about it.

JD

Old 08-12-2009, 04:32 PM   #25

Liked 39 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-BOLT View Post
OK - TriStar Cobra - Anyone own one of these. I have a buddy with a good connection on these, that can get me one cheap cheap. I know its a pump, not a semi-auto but I can play with it then pass it along to my son or leave it in the camper. The Cobra's claim to fame is a strong return spring on the pump action. You just pull it back and it returns via the spring. Web site claims it is very fast. Five plus one capacity. Any experience out there with this gun??
Tri-Star is made by Sarsilmaz, they make exelent firearms.... as example the Armalite's AR24 pistols is made by Sarsilmaz. They deserves a try...

Tri-Star semiauto 20" barrel, 5+1 cap., Syntetic Stock, for just $315 with S&H included (just add the transfer fee)

The Tri-Star Cobra is a pump action...
THIS is the Cobra "Tactical" that includes a spring that helps the forearm when cycling

Tristar Tactical Cobra, 20" barrel, 5+1 cap. Just for $250 S&H included (just add the transfer fee)
“You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that, my dear friend, is the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Dr. Adrian Rogers”

TELL CHAVEZ NOW! CLICK HERE

Last edited by AsmelEduardo; 08-12-2009 at 07:56 PM.

Old 08-12-2009, 05:07 PM   #26

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defender View Post

Yeah. I just got off the phone with the press office at the LAPD and the facts of the case are this:

The LAPD SWAT Team does use the Benelli Super 90.

HOWEVER

They DO NOT use the Benelli for door entry situations.

They have Remington 870's that are modified for hinge and lock removal with a custom plate for spacing to insure the low pressure rounds blow the door open/hinges off, but do not ignite any potentionally dangerous fumes or flammables.

Just like I said, Pierce County doesn't use them because the low pressure rounds won't cycle the action. LAPD probably has a larger budget and can afford more weapons where Pierce County has one shotgun that performs multiple tasks....

JD

Old 08-12-2009, 06:31 PM   #27

HA HA HA.......toolshed..........

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” -HST

"In a nation ruled by swine, all pigs are upwardly mobile—and the rest of us are F###ed until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. We owe that to ourselves and our crippled self-image as something better than a nation of panicked sheep."-HST

Old 08-12-2009, 07:40 PM   #28

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

I heard the Lost Springs Wyo SWAT is using Winchester Model 1912's for their entry guns.

I got this from my buddy that is a former Seal, SF, Green Beret, SAS, SRR and SWAT in LA NYC and Miami. SO take that douche bag.

Last edited by cpttango30; 08-12-2009 at 07:43 PM.

Old 08-12-2009, 08:29 PM   #29

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

This thread went South. Was looking for input. I do appreciate Asmel piping in though. Anyone else have a hand on the values? Thanks

Old 08-13-2009, 07:40 AM   #30

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Yeah. I just got off the phone with the press office at the LAPD and the facts of the case are this:

The LAPD SWAT Team does use the Benelli Super 90.

HOWEVER

They DO NOT use the Benelli for door entry situations.

They have Remington 870's that are modified for hinge and lock removal with a custom plate for spacing to insure the low pressure rounds blow the door open/hinges off, but do not ignite any potentionally dangerous fumes or flammables.

Just like I said, Pierce County doesn't use them because the low pressure rounds won't cycle the action. LAPD probably has a larger budget and can afford more weapons where Pierce County has one shotgun that performs multiple tasks....
Thanks for all of the above information regarding LAPD SWAT, which I was already well aware of.

I never claimed LAPD SWAT used the Benelli for door entry situations, but thank you for documenting that Benelli IS their PRIMARY DUTY shotgun.

Please be advised that the OP expressed interest in a tactical semi-automatic shotgun for HOME DEFENSE.

I'm betting SWAT team door entry capability isn't high on his list of desired features, since people in home defense situations are usually trying to PREVENT their doors from being breeched, not vice versa.