Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Tactical shotguns, good or bad?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2012, 12:55 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
Mine is gonna look ugly anyway. I got it qualifed to carry with me on patrol a few weeks ago.Now everyone in the dept. wants one.
Can't leave it THERE man -- spill the beans! And a pic.

Old 05-23-2012, 01:29 AM   #22

Liked 64 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I gotta think if you make the gun that fits you and your needs, it's gotta be good.

Old 05-23-2012, 03:58 AM   #23

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis View Post
Uh oh. It does? We should be careful. I know to avoid lethal ammunition now, but...

Bucket, can you cite a case where the so-called tactical appearance of the gun played a role in arrest, charges being brought, a verdict, and/or sentencing? I wanna understand how this works...

Thanks for helping us!
No I cant but it makes sence to me though. Thats why my current 870 will never be a hd gun. I would rather defend my home with a plain bird gun with bird shot vs my now "asult gun" it makes it more like a last resort situation vs me seming like I am prepaired to shoot a guy. What would you rather have the jurry see held up in court? (insert tacticool gn with rails lights and optics here) or plain old (insert fav semi/pump wood furniture with clasic bead site)? it was just an opinion I beleive in take it how you want it.

Remington 870 12 Ga. Supermag
Springfield XDS .45acp

Old 05-23-2012, 04:09 AM   #24

Liked 14 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 2

If you are scared of the black guns, Buckethead, just say you are scared.

With thinking like that, Illinois will NEVER have a concealed handgun permit, so that law abiding citizens can defend themselves.

FWIW, people here defend themselves with AR's and AK's and all sort of high capacity handgun. Its never been an issue in court yet. Fact of the matter is, if someone needs to be shot, the gun dont matter much.

07/02 FFL
AR CHL inst.

Old 05-23-2012, 04:22 AM   #25

Liked 18 Times on 14 Posts

I would just use a regular shot gun with wood stock because if you do need to defend your self the cops are taking the gun for a min.

Old 05-23-2012, 04:30 AM   #26

Liked 998 Times on 597 Posts
Likes Given: 16

If i have to protect my wife and kids from the goblins inside of my own home, im not giving a sh!t if my shotgun is "to tactical" looking

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Polygon Likes This 
Old 05-23-2012, 04:46 AM   #27

Liked 2371 Times on 1481 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray
If i have to protect my wife and kids from the goblins inside of my own home, im not giving a sh!t if my shotgun is "to tactical" looking
Wish the iPhone had a thumbs up button for this. Couldn't agree more Wray.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 05-23-2012, 04:48 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater

Wish the iPhone had a thumbs up button for this. Couldn't agree more Wray.
Thank you sir, if your having to sling lead inside your own home, you have worse things to worry about

Old 05-23-2012, 04:51 AM   #29

Liked 2371 Times on 1481 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Couldn't agree more. I don't own any tactical stuff at all. I can see it now, guy is advancing on my family and I, wondering to self.....hmmmm.... Does my stock look badass right now, or, damn should have got the dark earth rails.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 05-23-2012, 05:03 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater
Couldn't agree more. I don't own any tactical stuff at all. I can see it now, guy is advancing on my family and I, wondering to self.....hmmmm.... Does my stock look badass right now, or, damn should have got the dark earth rails.
Lol, no kidding

I mean really, tactical..

Whenever i was going through all of my training "tactical" meant the way you and your team operated and carried out the task. Tactical wasnt describing your firearms themselves, it was the way that you utilized your firearms during assignments. Now you put a light on a gun "its tactical", you put a sight on your gun "its tactical".." hey lets put these 10 accessories on our guns,we wont really need them all but it looks badass!"

Thats not tactical